Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: could this be the best final fantasy?

Default could this be the best final fantasy?

The game isn’t out in the uk yet but by what people are saying and by the reviews its getting could this be the best final fantasy game ever?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Not the best ever, but damn close.

what would you say was better then?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

FFIV-VI, and FFT.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Better then it?
    FFIX, FFIV, and FFVI

FFIX was a personal favorite of mine so it ranks above FFXII if only because it was my first.

FFIV's gameplay was, in my opinion, the pinicle of the ATB Battles. Its battles where fun, challenging(in hard-type), and strategy's can be made unlike many of the FFs where it was just make an Uber party

FFVI has a great storyline, and its battles were great as well. I'd basically spend the entire post listing off parts of this game that are great.

Worse then it?
    FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2
    FFVII's storyline was good but doesn't match up to this game's, and its battle system is nothing compared to FFXII's.

FFVIII wasn't a great mark in FF history, its battles were easy, and become pathetic when mixed with such an abusable level up system. The storyline of the game is very forced, unlike in FFXII where the storyline flows well and is complex, yet easy to understand.

FFX was a great game, I enjoyed the battle system dispite it being so abusable, but its storyline fails in comparison to that of FFXII, and the Sphere Grid has nothing on the license board.

Default what do u think of this game?

so what do u think of this game goldenboco? what score would you give it out of 10?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Personally I think that this game is great, I've logged in about 50 hours and at the moment I'll give it a 9/10 at the moment. I look foreward to seeing what the rest of this game has to offer.

i cant to play it either!

I haven't finished it yet, but if I were to base my opinions on my first 35 hours of gameplay in each game, XII would be pretty high up there. :P

Default The 2nd...

Hi everyone...this is my first post... FFXII it´s my 2nd favorite after FF9 (the 3rd could be FFVI...)...with some more weeks this could change.I love the graphics...the characters..the storyline...the music...and after of the FFX and X-2 personal disappointment...FFXII save the title for me.

(forgive my bad english..please..)

It's pretty excellent. Not my personal favorite, but I only like them differently by slight margins, so it's a grand RPG in my mind still. If it had more plot and character development, it would be my number 1. That's not to say it isn't there, but after I beat it and reflected, I couldn't help but think the incredible translation masked that not too much actually happened. Or so my silly opinion goes

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is my favourite Final Fantasy thus far. Maybe not in terms of storyline, but in terms of everything else. I usually don't pick favourites when it comes to Final Fantasy, but this game has consumed me. I'll probably change my mind later though after I beat the game, like I usually do. I'm just caught in the moment right now.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

FFT is the best FF. FFXII, so far, comes somewhere not long after it. Maybe around 3rd-4th best or so, from where I am so far (40-some hours into it).

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

FFIX is the ultimate Sakaguchi/Uematsu/Amano game, and FFXII is the ultimate Matsuno/Sakimoto/Yoshida game. And they're both better than everything else.

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    FFT is the best FF. FFXII, so far, comes somewhere not long after it. Maybe around 3rd-4th best or so, from where I am so far (40-some hours into it).
    agreed, however I'm not that far!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    FFIX is the ultimate Sakaguchi/Uematsu/Amano game, and FFXII is the ultimate Matsuno/Sakimoto/Yoshida game. And they're both better than everything else.
    No idea what the foreign words meanbut they are both high in my ranking.

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."