Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Late fees

Late fees

We've all been guilty of not returning something. Library books, videos/DVDs, games etc. I forgot to return a couple of DVDs the other day and I had had them out for 2 weeks and one of them was an overnight new release so it was $70. Yes, I said $70 - it's quite sad. So, you know, that's the last time I ever rent out a DVD.

Do you often have late fees? What was your worst late fee? Do you have any fees owing now?

$125 for a book I got from my college library, I threw it in my car and totally forgot about it. They sent me a notice, but my parents are foreign and they just threw it away.

When I was in full-time work I was terrible at returning Games and DVDs. I remember the most I've ever paid for a late game was £30. That was for about a month. x.x

Thank God for University. The late fee for books would be about 50p per week.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In the UK its mostly done as, you pay up to the value of the dvd, game or whatever. Past that and I tell them I'll be in there later to pay and just never go back in, they won't bother you too much.

I've done some good ones, once had a book out of the library that they wrote it off as lost cause. If I actually had to pay the fees it would have been in excess of £200 but I just got a 2 year library ban, I could enter the buildings but not rent anything or become a member again for 2 years. I wouldn't mind, my mom got the book out on my card and kept insisting she had returned it!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Netflix doesn't have any late fees.

But back in the day when I used the old video rental method, I got late fees dumped on me ALL THE TIME. >_>

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think my most was about 20p for a 2 day late library book. If I know something has to go back, I return it.
    rawr

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think a few nickels from the public library for keeping a book a few days late. xD

At my high school they round up all the kids who have library late fees a month before the year ends, then threaten to withold our report cards unless we pay up.

It is a great day to socialize.

I never pay any late fees. I insist it's their fault, an refuse to pay. I used to just put the videos in the drop in box at Blockbuster an claim I put it in there days a go. Then at the library I used to claim I had already asked for an extension on the book, or if I'd kept the book or lost it, I'd say my library card had gone missing, an that I had already reported it.

Blog Entries

Nope I never rent anything at my school... But usually when I rent something I just give it in the other day!

I still have 'Maid in Manhattan' from like two years ago!

I currently owe 1$ (CND) on a book at UofT's library (I think it's for a book on Cryptozoology), but I refuse to pay it, since I despise that library with a passion.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

$350 for Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. >_>;

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Goodness graciouis me. I don't think I've ever returned something late (well, pretty sure I've never been charged if I did, anyway).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Our library rents out study rooms in four hour blocks. I rented one and went over by a couple of hours. They're trying to charge me $30 for the late fee. wtf.

Signature by rubah. I think.