Thread: I need help on leveling up...

Default I need help on leveling up...

Ok i need help on finding good place's on leveling up..i just got through beating the mimic queen at lvl 9 and im at the sky city to find penelo...but i keep dyeing from those bounty hunter's trying to get baltheir....plz help

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

You can't kill them. Hold R2 and run like hell.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, you can kill them but you'd have to spend a few hours with the skeletons and even then the rewards aren't too grand.

Speaking of the skeletons, if you still want to level up later (and gather some sexy gil while you're at it) they're who to turn to.

this is what i did but i think ur too far ahead in the game. Mayb if u use a teleport sphere or somtin: if you're around level 10-12, you could fight the nearest owl monsters (i forgot the name.. ustrix or something) once you enter dalmasca westersand through giza plains (the passage is in the area where the two werewolves are located --- upon entering the area coming from the nomad village, just head right).. i started fighting these when vaan was still going solo.. basic magic like fire can do the trick, but if you already have a party and have license points to spare, maximize the use of level 1 mist quickenings.. that should take care of them.. if you're suddenly running low on hp, stay close to the entrance so you could sneak out to safety back in giza plains, where you could cure and regain mp, before attacking those owls again. each one gives about 250 exp a piece. not bad at all.

if you're around level 14-16, you might want to try the garamsythe waterway central control already (this is presuming you've already escaped barheim passage and completed the wraith mark hunt). just keep fighting the lizard in the first area using mist quickenings. it gives about 900+ exp. as you level up, you may want to attack the malboros too. again, if you run low on hp, you could always sneak out to the save point in the central area. don't go in too deep though, because these are level 40 enemies. stay close to the save crystal as possible.

finally, if you've reached around level 14-15 and you feel that you have a capable party, you may want to challenge the saurian (trex) in dalmasca estersand already. mist quickenings are a must. it gives out about 900-1000 exp.

i currently hav my Vaan and others at level 12 tryna get more so immma stay in these areas.

lol i was able to kill ustrix at level 4

Yea, you should definitely be chaining those skeletons on the bridge at this point. Level up to about 16 or so.
    Sigless

well i already killed ghis and im only level 11 thats because fran,penelo and ashe all got quickeningpenelo got's 2 and fran and ashe got 1...lol

Moogle Quick lvling

one Easy way to lvl up is to go to the Giza plains and find the two Werewolves, Ues your quickening to chain at leat 7 together so you get the cataclysm conncurence. this should probably kill one but runaway and "charge" your mp to use another quickening chain on the remaing werewolf. Reapeat this to get alot of exp.
    Kacee Love

Quote Originally Posted by Squall1989 View Post
    one Easy way to lvl up is to go to the Giza plains and find the two Werewolves, Ues your quickening to chain at leat 7 together so you get the cataclysm conncurence. this should probably kill one but runaway and "charge" your mp to use another quickening chain on the remaing werewolf. Reapeat this to get alot of exp.
    wats a good technique for chaining quickenings together?

Set your party members gambit for "attack party leader's target" So when ur attackin a monster ur gettin a chain off of ur other party dudes wont attack something else an ruin ur chain. Had this happen when i had a 99 chain on those weird dudes in the yem-sana sand seas. I was workin on killin my 100 dude to make a big chanin when my party members started to attack one of theose worm/fish lookin things, they killed it a ruined my chain, an i had to start allllll over from 1!
    im to cool for sigs.