Thread: FFIII opening theme

Default FFIII opening theme

Hey guys.

I just got the DS version of this game, and I have never played a FF game previous to FF6 before. However, I was blown away with nostalgia after hearing the opening theme (i think) to the game - right after the first boss and as the crystal transfers its light to the four characters in the beginning and the intro credits roll. Does anyone else recognise this song from anywhere? Was it in 6 or 7 or 10? I couldn't find the song on vgmusic.com. It has been freaking me out because I remember singing this song to myself on multiple occasions, but I've never known where its from.

Thanks!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's more than likely the song 'Final Fantasy', also commonly titled 'Prologue'. It plays in almost all of the main numbered Final Fantasies, so it's no surprise if you've heard it before.

And it is a wonderful tune.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

That song is called "Opening Theme" in both FF3j OST and FFIII DS OST. It's a great song, and it plays in FFs 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12, and also FFVII AC. Many call it the Prologue (only FFIV OST calls it that, though), but since it plays during the ending in several FFs, I prefer to call it "Final Fantasy", which is what the song has been called several times lately. There was some more discussion about the song on this thread (just don't get this song confused with the Prelude! ), and according to this post of mine, there is a midi version of it on VGMusic.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was pretty blown away by the opening cinematic. It's really amazing how Square got that to fit (with the nice orchestral track), along with the game on a 1GiB game cart.

.............is really beutiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! :_0

It has always been one of my favorite tunes, and it presents everything that is Final Fantasy for me.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    I was pretty blown away by the opening cinematic. It's really amazing how Square got that to fit (with the nice orchestral track), along with the game on a 1GiB game cart.
    I agree, the opening movie was rather impressive.

I think they should have done something more during the Prologue movie . Just a spinning crystal on a black background wasn't all that thrilling. In FF1 there was a nice backdrop of the castle across the lake. In FF4 I think they showed a castle also and some forests or moons or something.

That has got to be my favorite reused FF song.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

Yeah... the song its the best, it just screams rpg. Don't even have to be a fan of FF and know the song and youd know it was for an RPG