Thread: Can /blu learn blue magic spells ?

Can /blu learn blue magic spells ?

Ok ... i probably know the answer to this one ...

NO!

But just gotta ask anyway >.<

So, Can you equip Blu as your sub and still learn blue magic ?

(example: say i'm a lvl 40 and equip my 20 blue as a sub. could i learn say if i never learned any spells at all, any or all of my blue spells up to lvl 20? )
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Nope.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

LOL didn't think so XD

Thx ^.^
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Well you can still equip BLU spells even if it's /BLU. Things like Cocoon are still pretty damn good even if you sub.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

i like bein' able to use blue spells when ya' sub ... but it would be awsome if you could learn them with blue as a sub rather than as your main. Reason i am askin' is because someone i recently met online who swears that you can learn blu spells with blu as sub ... and i couldn't find any info either way so .... figured i'd ask you guys (cause you know pretty much everythin')

If I'm right S-E says on the page with the first ever BLU info on spells, and learning, that BLU was one of the requirements on learning spells. You could just check that wherever it is anymore on thier site if you so desired.
    This space intentionally left blank.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

You can only learn the special abilities of monsters when blue mage is set as your main job.
    You have a chance to acquire blue magic when defeating a monster that has used a learnable special ability.
    It is not possible to learn blue magic that is too far above your level.
    You will not acquire blue magic if you are KO'ed when a monster is defeated, or the defeated monster does not yield experience points (meaning Call For Help, BCNM, etc).
    It is possible to learn spells from monsters that are Too Weak for your level.
    Some monster abilities cannot be learned as blue magic.
    It is not necessary to be the target of a monster's special ability in order to learn blue magic.

I'm glad they didn't allow you to learn spells while subbed. If that were the case, Blu would be like Smn was before the level 20 avatar battles: another job that required you to have another job at 75 to get it all its spells before you even start. The way they set Smn up as what amounts to a third tier job (a step even further than advanced jobs) was a mistake imo, and I'm glad they didn't do so with blu. Needing Sea access is enough to distinguish good Blues from the sea of other blues out there.

I don't think you can get anything from your sub. You cannot get skill ups for a skill that is exclusive to your sub either.