Thread: Oh, screw this. *Demon Wall related topic*

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default Oh, screw this. *Demon Wall related topic*

So, I killed the Demon Walls on my first time through. However, I did not see any treasure chest containing that mythical Demonsbane. I just kind of said 'forget it' and finished up the dungeon and moved on with the game. If I go back there anytime soon, will the Demonsbane be there, or is it as good as gone?

also, 10 hit quickening chains are lovely. <3

It is my understanding that the chest will always respawn with the chance to hold a Demonsbane, but you might have to farm it a couple of times because the chance you will get the sword is random. I think it is worth it, because the Demonsbane is so overpowered at the point in the game, but ymmv.

If you can't find the chest, you just run down the stairs on either side of where the first Demon Wall was, and keep going down the path to you get to the ledge where the chest is (it might not be there when you get there, so you might have to reload for it to spawn).

Oh, and the chest will respawn like every other chest in the game. Some people have farmed two Demonsbane's, but that is way to much of a time investment for me.
    Last edited by Timerk; 11-13-2006 at 07:00 PM.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The chest is like most others: it has a certain probability of appearing, and then a certain probability of containing the Demonsbane.

I made a thread about this a couple of days ago.

wat level do u guys suppose that u should b at to kill the first demon wall. I herd it has TONS of HP.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

I was 26.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It has like 10,000 or so HP, I was at level 21.

Berserk/Quickening Chains are your friends. You don't want to waste time doing anything other than attacking/curing Blind status anyway.

I beat the demon wall with my main 3 at 19 , and my other 3 at 9, 11, anbd 11 respectively. All I did is unlock one quickening for each of them. Started with my other 3 doing all the quickening chaining they could for about 7000 damage. Switched them out for the main 3 and did the same for about 9000 damage, then just meleed it til it was dead.

But on a more related note, yes you can go back and get it. It should be noted that you have to beat the optional ("hard") wall as well as the mandatory easy wall before the jewel will activate the stairs to the secret area. At that point you should save your game and then run nto the chest. I recommend just running away from the weak bats and flans until you get to the chest (it's where the two path meet). If it's not there or you ddint get the sword just restart. I kept doing it and got three of them, makes everything afterwards ridiculously easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    It has like 10,000 or so HP, I was at level 21.

Berserk/Quickening Chains are your friends. You don't want to waste time doing anything other than attacking/curing Blind status anyway.
    the easy one has about 10,000 or so, whereas the hard one has much more and a much shorter area to fight in.
    "Reality isn't so kind. Everything doesn't work out the way you want it to. That's why... As long as you don’t get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain."

last night i saw Demonsbane for sale in the shop.
    im to cool for sigs.

I beat the (second) Demon Wall at like, Level 15! It was hella tough and he used that stupid Telega move on me...>_> But I did like the brief scene you see if you lose.

same here. took me several days to beat the damn thing, but it was worth it to get the Demonsbane.

After the first one, I found the second wall to be insanely easy.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, such high levels. I was thirteen when I beat it.

I also ran through all of my Ethers and Potions, but that's not the point.