Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fayth=Evil???

Blog Entries

Fayth are like pokemon (unless you think pokemon are satanic), theyre not evil but summoners can get them to do evil things.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    I doubt it. If that was the case Yuna would not have needed to summon her aeons and would just need to kill the previous core ((SPOILER)Jecht). If Yuna never summoned he would have nothing to hide in and would have confronted them.
    All Yu Yevon's power came from Sin, a product of the Final Aeons. The battle with BFA was when in his state before Yu Yevon possessed him. Yuna called her aeons to defeat the fayths, since Yu Yevon also had access to the fayths.

If he was weak, that questions the logic of the final battles. If he was strong originally the logic works and the aeons were needed to weaken him sufficiently.
    You have infinite Auto-Life, which not only questions the logic of the final battle, but kills it and dumps its body in the river. If he was strong, he wouldn't have needed to protect himself with Sin.
    This is a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz_king10 View Post
    I doubt it. If that was the case Yuna would not have needed to summon her aeons and would just need to kill the previous core ((SPOILER)Jecht). If Yuna never summoned he would have nothing to hide in and would have confronted them.
    All Yu Yevon's power came from Sin, a product of the Final Aeons. The battle with BFA was when in his state before Yu Yevon possessed him. Yuna called her aeons to defeat the fayths, since Yu Yevon also had access to the fayths.
    I'm afraid I don't see the point you're making with this statement. I'm probably just misreading it though.

The BFA was possessed by Yu Yevon. When it dies YY emerges. Yuna then summoned each of her aeons, which were possessed by YY and then killed by the party. If I'm not misreading, you say that YY already had the power of all the fayth to some extent since he did have access to them, thus the fayth needed to be destroyed by being taken over and then killed. If that is true, then wouldn't the sheer number of Fayth on Gagazet be sufficient to give him enough energy to repel any attack on his being? (Also, and a slight aside since I'm about to mention gameplay which I hate to use for storyline, you can complete the game with only the 5 temple Aeons. If you don't need Anima, Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters to kill YY then how can your argument work?)

Quote Originally Posted by blitz_king10 View Post
    If he was weak, that questions the logic of the final battles. If he was strong originally the logic works and the aeons were needed to weaken him sufficiently.
    You have infinite Auto-Life, which not only questions the logic of the final battle, but kills it and dumps its body in the river. If he was strong, he wouldn't have needed to protect himself with Sin.
    That was one of the most pathetic parts of the game... But I usually dismiss it in a similar way to asking how can Lulu fit 99 potions, 99 hi potions, 99 mega potions, 99 phoenix downs etc, down the front of her dress. Simple gameplay mechanics that should, imho, have no part of a storyline unless actually explained (ie, stating that her dress acts somewhat like a TARDIS machine). The need for using the fayth for the final battles was part of the storyline (even though how them sacrificing themselves was not, hence this discussion), as was the final, disappointingly single, killing blow to YY.

As for the need for Sin, sure Yu Yevon was strong, but he wouldn't have been that way originally. He was just human to begin with. If he just stayed in bed to summon Dream Zanarkand, there would be little he could do to stop Bevelle shooting him on sight. Therefore Sin is needed to provide shelter at least. Sin also has a second function. Population control. It helps to protect DZ by preventing Spira from developing and eventually finding / destroying DZ. By destroying as much Machina it can stumble across and thinning down large centers of population, you find that Spira would prove no threat to Yu Yevon inside Sin or Dream Zanarkand way out at sea (if you believe DZ is out at sea). Granted the teachings didn't help much and only proved to further stagnate Spira.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sephiroth1999AD has the idea here.

Since Yuna developed a bond with the fayth of the aeons she got, Yu Yevon would have the access to those aeons when she was around, I think.

The fayth keep telling her "Call us!" They realize that if she summons them before Yu Yevon inhabits them, then Yu Yevon loses the aspect of surprise, and she will be more focused and able to defeat them. When using the Final summoning, not only have you just lost your friend, but generally summoners only have a few guardians with them, and the battle against sin would be more exhausting without 7 people fighting against it xD

then there's also that yuna and Co. are far more powerful than any other people in spira have ever been, thanks to long hours of spherewhoring.

anyways, the fayth in themselves are not evil, it depends on who tries to use them

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The fayth might have agreed with Yu Yevon's plan to create Sin at some point of time. So they deservedly to die horribly.

And some of them still walk around naked.