Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaan's a funny lookin' kid

Default Vaan's a funny lookin' kid

Dontcha agree? He looks funny. He has those two white spots on his face that i at first thought were just spots where the light was shining of his smooth and shiny skin, but after seeing them in every cutscene so far...i have no frigging idea what they are. Maybe he dropped some bleach on his face? Possibly he tried to cover up some pimples and put too much makeup or whiteout on his face.

Another funny thing about Vaan: he's kind of a femme boy, but he's not an attractive one. Rather odd for a femme boy coming out of Japan to not be attractive.

And the funniest thing of all are his abs. I think he painted them on...and they're discolored...kinda gray-ish...i think Vaan needs to stop trying to impress Penelo and wash those abs off...and if for some reason it's permanent...for god's sake wear a full shirt >_<

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

FFXII doesn't attempt realism with its graphics the way most other games do. It's a subtle difference at first, but its graphics are much more a simulation of the brush strokes of character designer Akihito Yoshida. So you have the shine on Vaan's face at all times, and the shading on his abdonominals, and so on.

I like Vaan, I think he is brave and honest.

What could be more heroic than that?

Looks are overrated.

Default This is unexpected coming from me.

Slander! My precious boy-candy is wearing too much clothing! Full pants? A whole vest? This is crazy. Fran is way more naked, and this is obviously some sort of sexist plot by Square. I refuse to even participate in a conversation that denies Vaan's overabundance of clothing (despite the fact I just did).

And I like his face droplets. They make me think of dew in the morning.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 11-17-2006 at 11:26 PM.

Nono, LunarWeaver, i didnt say Vaan had an overabundance of clothing....i just said he needed to put on a shirt if he couldnt wash those funny abs off (or he should at least paint them normal skin tone)... As for fran...who said anything about her being a sexist plot? She's just a damn hot bunny chick who can also kick ass.

And Timerk, i do agree with you, Vaan is a pretty brave and honest dude (even though he's a pickpocket). He's a tagalong too...and yet he's actually a helpful guy, unlike another tagalong *coughpenelocough*

I suppose i forgot to mention that i DO like Vaan as a character and keep him in my main party....i'm just pointing out some quirks of his...

Vaan looks funny and Basch needs to see a tailor and get his shirt fixed. And Vaan's abs make him look rather ill, I think. Fran is indeed "a damn hot bunny chick who can also kick ass." Penelo isn't too strong but she's cute, Ashe is good looking but kinda bossy (what does she think she is, a princess?) and Balthier acts like he's... "the leading man," as he puts it.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I wish they'd just put a shirt on Vaan so that we wouldn't have to look at those strange abdominal muscles. You know, we can't change the leader character in the cities and certain other locations — it's always Vaan that we have to look at there.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

if vaan would wear a t-shirt he'd look funny in ivalice dont u think...his clothes fits the set..better than tidus,with that yellow thingy he wears and his chest the only thing showing out,kinda gay-ish..i loooove the way vaan and basch move and talk...vaan has this teenage highschool pretty-boy rockstar attitude, while basch has this honest humble brave and loyal thing but yet sooo strong in heart and body...

i really dont think vaan is funny...

and oh yea, dont worry u guys coz i heard that in FFXIII, they said that once you change ur armor,you also change costume...(its ps3 after all)

*sorry for posting twice in a row

Edit by Kishi: Just use the edit/delete button.

SIGSIG

The only thing that bothers me about him, is that in-game graphics his hair color is white, and in cutscenes it's brown.

Reks was better xD Well, I'm up for saying that anything is better than Tidus. I almost lost my faith in Final Fantasy after they spewed that one up. But they have redeemed themselves.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Reks was even girlier!!! A short haired Kadaj wannabe, ewwww

Tidus rules.

During gameplay Vaan is not as girly as he looks on the promo material. Thank goodness! Leave that job to Al Cid
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I liked the way Reks looked. And I think Tidus looks better than Vaan. Tidus has the look you'd expect a famous, young sports star to have. Vaan has the look you'd expect a sick metrosexual high-school student to have.

Aww, i liked Reks....Tidus i did NOT like...he was a whiny emo with horrid fashion and he didnt grow up till very late in the game.

Vaan cant be a sickly metrosexual, and for one reason: his abs. Metrosexuals dont believe in muscle xD

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Looks like his tummy is a fossilized skeleton

Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think he looks like a human chocobo.