3 11.11%
  • Level 31-99

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best level before 2nd party member

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    i only have 8 hours on my save file
    How did you manage to lvl up to 23 in 8 hours?

Share the secret.

Blog Entries

My Step-By-Step leveling up guide...

1. Go to the config menu and put your battle speed to the fastest.
    2. In the first area of the eastersands, fight wolves and cactites(maybe cocatrices) till level 5.
    3. Get an Iron sword from Nalbina and bronze armor and helmet.
    4. Get to the Westersands and fight the stronger wolves till level 8.
    5. Go to the next area in the westersands(corridor of sand or something) and fight the cocatrices only.
    Alternative to step 5 or step 4. If you are level 6, fight the fish like monster on the north beach in the eastersands(area before the vilage with dantro`s wife)Icthion or something.
    6. Get to level 11 from the cocatrices in the corridor of sand and then you can start fighting the urstix monsters.
    7. At level 14(i went at 13) you can also go to other areas in the westersands and fight sleipners(sp)
    8. At level 16 or so,(maybe 15) go to the giza plains and make sure you have red spiral for Vaan. Now fight werewolves and make sure you hit a great combo with your Quickening(if you hit an inferno attack you should get it, and if you hit 2 red spirals its a maybe) Inferno hits more than monster, so take advantage of this and hit the 2 werewolves that respawn there when they are close. After you use your Quickening run to the save point were you find jinn(but you dont need to wait for jinn to be there, cause I did all of this without even getting Penelo for the first time) and save it. After you beat the 2 werewolves in the area, go to the savepoint, save, and restart by pressing start and square.

Continue step 8 for as long as you wish

Notes
    1 Levels dont need to be exact! Only close!
    2 Get the iron sword and the bronze armor earlier if you can(it has to be after the Rouge tomato hunt)
    3 Fight the Icthions if you can hit over 100 for step 4
    4 Werewolves hit over 150 on me with a regular attack and over 600 i think on thier smite of rage attack.
    5 GET YOUR AUGMENTS AFTER YOU CAN USE THE IRON SWORD AND BRONZE ARMOR!!!!!
    6 This entire guide was made for leveling before you have your second party member
    7 If you are feeling lucky, fight wild saurians for step 8, but I greatly recommend werewolves

Your welcome for all who is benefiting from this(wow long guide)
    Last edited by leader of mortals; 11-22-2006 at 03:46 AM. Reason: i found an error

How do you get to Nablina so you can buy the Iron Sword and the Bronze Armor?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by GOD GUNDAM View Post
    How do you get to Nablina so you can buy the Iron Sword and the Bronze Armor?
    Walk up north from where yo found the cactuar with a flower on his head, there you will find the city where yo ucan buy better armor, weapons and stuff

leader, I liked your guide but tbh, leveling up to 10 with just Vaan was incredibly dull, to do it till level 20 would get me bored to tears!

I did ok at the castle and subsequent dungeon and escape at level 10-11. I am at level 24 now after those darn headhunters pwned my party at the mines. I finally got fed up and only went back when I could kill them with 1 hit

This leveled party sailed through the Leviathan adventure, I didn't even need to turn off the alarms so I'm guessing 20-22 is a good level to go there. Now I'm back to the mines to get some spells and weapons for the 2 newcomers to the party
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

How did you get into Nablina from Damasca Esterland without getting a train of various mobs after you? Also, can you provide me a map to Nablina from Damasca Esterland please since Damasca Esterland is a vast place?!

This is my second play through the game and I am level 26 right now before getting penelo I have the kotetsu and the Gladius and I have all the hit point up licenses plus a lot of others. I think I will get to level 30 and then continue on with the game.

Also I skipped a lot of those steps and instead of early leveling I just got a quickening really fast and then went to the werewolves and used the quickening on them because I was so low level it didn't kill them so I just ran out back to the save point refreshed my MP and then went back and did it again until there dead and then after a couple of levels it gets easy and of course easier and easier. Once you get the gladius from chaining wolfs in westersand it's even easier because if they don't die from the quickening you can likely take them out with regular attacks because the gladius has wind effect and they are weak against wind. It also helps if you have a couple battle lore augments.

I really wish I could kill them without using the quickenings (because they take long to perform) but they use an attack when they are close to death sometimes that takes away 600-800 damage I forget what it's called though because I haven't played in a couple days but it sort of makes it impossible to do without better armor which is not available at this point other then I think the winged helm.
    Last edited by J0sh; 11-23-2006 at 08:06 AM.

Blog Entries

bone helm and armor from the wild sarian, i didnt get it though. I used my guide to see.

Is it possible to get a better weapon than the Iron Sword before you get Penelo?! If yes, then how and where?!

Blog Entries

Kotetsu from the werewolves, but its really rare(i didnt get it yet). My official guide says they drop it.

You can get the Gladius as I mentioned in my last post as well. The Gladius is 5 less power then the Kotetsu but easier to get as it isn't based on total luck.

Also the rod is I believe +30 and is in a treasure chest (pot) in one of the sands (forget which one)

don't grind and level too much, it makes the game too easy :/
    "Reality isn't so kind. Everything doesn't work out the way you want it to. That's why... As long as you don’t get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain."

If your talking to me I am on my second play-through of the game (as I mentioned in my last post). I also think most people realize that if you over level it makes the game easy as is the case with most RPG's. Lastly this topic is or at least is now about power leveling I don't see the need for your comment, it's common sense.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I like over levelling but I usually don't have the patience to do so

Well, I used my Red Sprial when I was a lv 8 Vann on the werewolves and now I'm a lv 11 Vann from a lv 8 in a half-hour time period just because my quickening on the werewolves! Do you guys think that a quickening is too cheap?! I hit over 4k of damage from my used to be a lv 10 Vann!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff