Thread: EXP

Default EXP

What's the best place to level up(beside Chaos Shrine) and how much of EXP do I get there.

Blog Entries

1. Encounter at the Waterfall
    - Easy Enemies, fast encounters, great XP. Just Keep your Prorings on, and if you give everybody either Light Axes, Mage Staff, Thor's Hammer, Zeus Gauntlet etc, you can cream them all in one round and hardly suffer damage. Heal staff and helms if you hget weak. I went from lv. 27-32 there without hitting an INN once.

2. The Eye in the Ice Cave. ProRings make you invincible, so it's just a string of 800XP shots. Easy, fast, even, dar I say, fun?!?!?!

3. Warmech. The Sky Castle in general is great for levelling, but the Warmech requires guts. And the enemies there may be a little tougher than elsewhere. But They might give more XP.

4. Zombie Dragons in the Castle of ordeals. VERY easy kills with Light Axes and the Mage Staff. Every once in a while they'll get a crit hit, but usually that's a fantastic XP spot. But it takes a while to get there. But it's probably worth it.

That's all I can recall using, off hand, for good, quick, easy XP gain (except that Warmech ain't easy...)

Usually do zombie dragons or Eye myself.... I switch between the two for sanity at times.

Eye casts alot of spells, while zombie hits for a ton on mage classes.... but at decent levels they shouldnt be able to kill you and you can farm for a little while and go save and come back, coming back for longer times each time.

Or the finger point for early levelling

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

You really can't beat those purple worms in the Temple of Fiends for late-game experience. They're found on the first floor so you needn't venture far to find them. Just watch out for the Chimera type monsters would can decimate you with Flame.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    You really can't beat those purple worms in the Temple of Fiends for late-game experience. They're found on the first floor so you needn't venture far to find them. Just watch out for the Chimera type monsters would can decimate you with Flame.
    Oh, yeah, that's true.

But what about 4 Frost Dragons who get that Strike First and blizzard your No Ribbon to death. I hate that. (Plus, back when I started playing, before I knew anything about walkthroughs or forums or such, I thought that Ribbons were +1 head armor, and sold them for 1 gold every time I found them)

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    Oh, yeah, that's true.

But what about 4 Frost Dragons who get that Strike First and blizzard your No Ribbon to death. I hate that. (Plus, back when I started playing, before I knew anything about walkthroughs or forums or such, I thought that Ribbons were +1 head armor, and sold them for 1 gold every time I found them)

Ouch...Did you ever beat the game without ribbons?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ImAFarmer View Post

Ouch...Did you ever beat the game without ribbons?

Loads of times.

I just had to level to 32 instead of 27. And i usually had both heal helmets and the staff in use, so whenever I hit an easy enemy I'd het my HPs maxed out.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

The Eye in the Ice Cave is good for leveling up, but the Ice Cave is quite dangerous and it takes a while to get to the place with Eye, so I usually prefer fighting the Zombie Dragons in the Castle of Ordeals. That place is also a bit dangerous at times, but I still found it a lot easier than the Ice Cave. You can fight Zombie Dragons in groups of two pretty often, and they're quick to kill, so that gives you quite a lot of EXP (over a 1000 EXP).
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

This is for the guy that asked if you could beat the game without the ribbon.

I never ever used the ribbon, and have beat the game like 20 times. I have leveled up to 30 something but usually i don't and my best record of beating the game is 22 hours, leaving not much time to level up.
    Last edited by Stewy; 11-24-2006 at 12:11 PM.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I've never tried playing without the Ribbons. My guess would be that the ProRings would protect the characters from instant death attacks well enough for you to survive without Ribbons, though.

Stewy, which versions have you played? Other versions could be slower, but I beat FF1 WSC in a bit over 24 hours with everyone on level 50, and I have another save (with a different party) where I'm entering the final dungeon again (after getting the Masamune) in a bit over 12 hours, with my characters on levels 29-30.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Blog Entries

I could've sworn somebody on here claimed to have made it to Kraken on nes in 3 hours. Considering that, it would seem that the game could be beaten in less than 10 and a lot less than 20.