Thread: FFXI on 360

Blog Entries

Default FFXI on 360

has anyone tried it? My FFXI cds were stolen and my lack of a working computer are getting me interested in the 360 version. I'd love to be able to play again with everyone so I hope to be getting a 360 in a few months so yeah has anyone played on the 360? if so how was it? Did you like the controls?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I liked it, my friend has it (he gets better graphics cause my PC sucks T_T)

it looked alot better.

but the controls are probably on the same-ish level.

I am a big fan of the keyboard controls, and as far as I know you could just play with a keyboard rather than the Xbox360 controller.

The graphics are about the same as PC, but I can tweak the registry settings on PC to make it look a hell of a lot better. As well as things like draw distance to match up to the Xbox360.

But, other than that, it's pretty much the same I'd figure. Except, if you have HDTV and all that mumbo jumbo, you might find it's better for you.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

Yeah I don't have HD tv and don't plan on it for awhile. mostly I'm just interested in graphic quality and the controls. I too like the keyboard but I wonder if it's just I dunno maybe easier with a controler then a keyboard, although maybe not.

Well, if you have a decent computer then PC > Xbox just because you have the freedom to crank the graphics up. Additionally, if you choose to, you can use other programs to further enhance your graphics and improve performance.

My friend got it for XBox after playing for a while on PC and got frustrated with it for a few reasons. One is that you are much more limited on the degree to which you can adjust the size of your text boxes and such so all of your status bars seem to take up 60-70% of your screen. The other issue is that he said that even though it ran more evenly and fairly smoothly over all, it seemed that over all it was just a bit choppy. Not horribly choppy, but similar to the very slight bit of choppy you get in a crowded area on PC... but all the time. I like silky smooth so I'm not into that.

Having played with both the controller and keyboard, I definitely prefer keyboard. Controller is nice for things like sitting back and fishing or mining or mindless farming. However, in a situation where you really need to be on top of things the keyboard offers a much more efficient way to get to everything very quickly.

I play it on the 360 and ive had no problems with it at all. Graphics are pretty good and the gameplay is smooth most of the time. Ive only noticed that at times, when theres about 100+ people on the screen at once, it wont show them all but instead only show about 10 people. It will load eack one in one-by-one but you may have to sit there for a few minutes. If your doing a besieged then you wont see the 1000+ characters all around you but on your "radar" youll see nothing but blue dots (player characters).

For the most part, the controller is very easy to use and every movement option available is on the controller itself. Auto-run, Target, rest, third person/first person view, etc. Everything is just one click of whatever button. Of course its different from the PC version but if your used to a controller then youll be fine, or if youve never played the PC version (like me) then its very easy to get used too.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Here's a solid review of the 360 version.

If you're getting a 360, then you should probably consider going with the Xbox version of XI. But it'll take up most of your HDD, so you're not going to have a lot of space to download content or save other things. That's something important to think about.