Thread: fans give up PS3 for a Falcon NorthWest PC

Default fans give up PS3 for a Falcon NorthWest PC

[I]All Your Images Belong to The Overchan v2!

Webfiction | Leaving the Light. - Fanfics | Dark Distorted Mirror | Shinji and Warhammer40k | Starcrossed |

My real estate agent, old Jill
    Has excellent properties still;
    There's none of it bland,
    Still top-dollar, and
    Has vacancies I'd love to fill

So some people would rather own a PC than a PS3. That has nothing to do with fanboys. It has everything to do with personal taste (and impulse decisions.) It sounds like that computer is an amazing system. I don't know, since I can't watch the video on this computer in the lab.

Plus, do you really think a contract like that is going to stop someone from buying a PS3 eventually? All they have to do is wait a while. Nobody is going to enforce that thing (or even monitor their purchases to see if they bought a PS3 some time down the line.) Sounds like an awesome deal to me.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Haha, yeah it said they had to wait 3 years, woooah long time! I'd choose the PC easily. They can still go round a friend's and play it anyway.
    rawr

I might be able to afford a PS3 in three years with the price drops. A top-of-the-line computer is a bit of a stretch.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I read about that the other day, and it's pretty funny. Though I gotta say, I'm a PC gamer at heart and would take it in a second. I think the PC's sticker price was about $7500, which is the kind of deal that you just don't pass up.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What the heck? The people who wrote that little piece about "how it all went down" and patting themselves on the back are kind of stupid.

It's like, whooooa, big accomplishment man! You convinced someone to take a $7500 computer system over a $600 gaming console.

That's like bragging about getting a die-hard McDonald's fan to eat a $200 steak dinner at a fancy schmany restaurant and then acting like you did the impossible.

Anyway, I would have taken the computer in a heartbeat.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It wasn't SLI, though.

Seeing that computer made me very sad I wasn't at the front of that line.

Plus, like roto said, how the heck do they plan on making sure they will never have one? Seem like a no-brainer to me, and some lucky dude made off like a bandit.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sounds like PC Gamer is staffed entirely by the mentally deficient It's not like they can go and check out people's houses for a PS3. And I have suspicions that such a contract would hold up in court anyway, it really doesn't seem like the kind of thing you could agree to (rightly or wrongly).

I would take a PC of that value to wait three years for a PS3. I'll have a frakking kickass PC, I have a 360, I could get a Wii. What the hell will I need anything else for?

Edit: It's pretty funny how PC gamers are just as e-peenish about their gaming system as console fanboys.

Edit2: Through the thing itself they say no PS3 ever. Dude at the start says none for three years. Consistency please?

Edit3: ... why does it matter whether or not the PS3 uses DirectX? Pretty darned sure it has nothing to do with anything. And I have no idea how they figure Sony will lose a sale here.

Edit4: Have you seen FNW's website? That's classy stuff itself. That sells you the damn thing there and then. Hell, I'm going to get a job and save up specifically to get something from these guys, that's how impressed I am.
    Last edited by Madame Adequate; 11-21-2006 at 01:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Angel View Post
    OH THE IRONY

Falcon NorthWest are overpriced and a waste of money.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

"I don't own that PS3, my sister does!"
    Unless the contract says you're not allowed to touch a PS3, it's really easy to get around the contract. Furthermore, they can't go through your entire house. You need a warrant for that.
    This entire thing is stupid.

-edit-
    It's also funny how just regular internet broadcasts in low quality are called podcasts nowadays. What happened to "video clip"? Isn't it cool enough for the trendy Apple customers?
    That's off topic though, but still stupid.

It's also stupid how they keep bragging about that PC. Yeah, it's good, but can any casual gamer afford it? No. It's like comparing a Honda sportscar to a monster of an F-1.
    Last edited by Mirage; 11-21-2006 at 04:44 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Exactly. There are so many loop holes to get around this contract that I can't believe they bothered.