Thread: Transferring Accounts

Default Transferring Accounts

My older bro purchased a copy of FF XI for the PC. His plan is for me and my little bro to play with each other online. However, I want to know if there is a way to transfer our account from our Xbox 360 to the PC so we wouldn't have to pay for two accounts and continue making new characters. Or do we have to pay for the 2 accounts regardless?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Two accounts regardless.

and believe me, you want it like this whether it seems less inconvenient.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm not sure I understand your question. When you say transfer account, do you mean quit playing on the Xbox360 to play on the PC or do you mean transfering characters between accounts?

The account you use on the XBox360 should be accessable on the PC. If you and your brother currently share an account, and you want to play together, then one of you will have to start over.

SE is a pain in the ass with transfers of characters from one account to another. It's happened before, but not often (I've only heard of it actually happening once). It's a poor business move on their part, but Square-Enix's customer support for FFXI is absolutely horrible anyway.

Either way, if you both want to be playing together at the same time, two accounts are absolutely necessary. Your brother might play on the PS2, but as soon as you log in under the same account on the PC, your brother will be disconnected. It's quite inconvenient for players, but very profitable for SE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question. When you say transfer account, do you mean quit playing on the Xbox360 to play on the PC or do you mean transfering characters between accounts?
    Basically what I'm asking is if one account can be used for both platforms. In this case, the PC and my Xbox 360.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Then the answer is yes. I think.
    Two persons can't log in with the same account at once though, nor can you transfer one character from one account to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post

The account you use on the XBox360 should be accessable on the PC. If you and your brother currently share an account, and you want to play together, then one of you will have to start over.

SE is a pain in the ass with transfers of characters from one account to another. It's happened before, but not often (I've only heard of it actually happening once). It's a poor business move on their part, but Square-Enix's customer support for FFXI is absolutely horrible anyway.

Either way, if you both want to be playing together at the same time, two accounts are absolutely necessary. Your brother might play on the PS2, but as soon as you log in under the same account on the PC, your brother will be disconnected. It's quite inconvenient for players, but very profitable for SE.
    Quite usual too! If not, we'd have 10 complete strangers using the same account.
    Last edited by Mirage; 11-21-2006 at 09:17 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quite usual too! If not, we'd have 10 complete strangers using the same account.
    True enough. The sarcasm isn't appreciated, though.