Thread: first head drawing

Default first head drawing

hey every1 just though i would share this, its my first attempt at a human face. its a drawing of a friend. its done in graphite pencil and its on A4 paper.
    I found it very enjoyable to do, makes a change from my usual stuff. i tried to get a decent picture but my camera never seems to pick it up as good as the human eye. theres a couple of little things that need adjusting but on the whole i was quite pleased with my first attempt,anyway hope u all like it

Wow! For a first attempt that is amazing! I love the hair and lips, a really great job there man!

*yawn*

Oh that's very pretty. Your shading is amazing!
    Just that the face is abit skewed to the right. Still, I doubt I could ever draw anything that good. :D
    *cheer*

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

here is a better photo of it with a few minor adjustments. its seems to be very hard to get a decent picture with a camera when u use graphite, must be because it has a sheen to it.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

This is a great drawing. however, it resembles a caricature with the skewed mouth and eye, and the nose going the opposite way. never the less, its a great drawing, keep it up
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

The shading is wonderful and life like, but the face is skewed, like others have said. I'd recommend practicing doing proper proportions. But that's more of a technical problem. Nice drawing.

You did a beautiful job with the rendering. Drawing the human head accurately is certainly a challenge but I think you did stupendously on your first try. Thing you might consider next time is proportion and feature placement. Think about how big features are and where things go. Keeping those in mind go a long way if you're trying to do a likeness piece. w00t

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's a very wonderful job. I like how you did a very good job balancing the shading and lighting. I really can't see anything wrong. Your proportions are good, so no real complaints from me.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map
    I'm in agreeance with many others. The sketch for a first time attempt is commendable and shows you well understand the imagery you normally draw.

I feel that the skewed nature adds a quirky uniqueness to it.
    But if you're looking to improve try starting off with a gesture drawing in a H-3 pencil and building up. It will help you plot preportion with more accuracy.

Boldly go.