Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most annoying Uematsu composition?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Most of the FFVIII soundtrack is pretty abysmal. "Blue Fields" probably takes the cake.
    I agree with the "Blue Fields". I don't think the song is overly bad, but it's an extremely dry song for a world map theme.
    Urg... Blue Fields... I actually fell asleep once while listening to it because it's so dull.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked FFVIII's OST. :/

Anyway, whatever the song that plays in FFV when you escape Karnak Castle is definitely irritating. It worried me because the first time I played the game I thought it would be the normal battle theme (because it plays during the Goblins in the beginning), but thankfully that was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jill View Post
    I've just started VII, and most of the music I've heard is not incredibly promising, to be honest. The Wall Market theme bothered me.
    But I really enjoyed the Wall Market theme! (It's called Oppressed People actually on the OST.) It sounded like something from the Monkey Island series, and besides, it was catchy. Pretty good percussion too.
    Ehh, now that I think about it, the melody wasn't bad. It was that little bit in the very beginning before the melody starts. Funny how it wrecked the whole song for me. =/
    And I actually liked Treno! It grew on me after a while. Ah, well, to each his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi
    "Sorry I'm late... I just got lost on the path of life..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Powell
    "Report speaks you a bonny monk, that would hear the matin chime ere he quitted his bowl..." Hear, hear! Truer words never spoken! Everyone should take this passage to heart and memorize it and apply it to their lives!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Feeney
    "OMG this is the greatest project! Let's confuse everybody by coming up with code names for elements! Then they can find the density of it which is really the point but now I can take off 20 points because they won't know what its codename is!! Now the whole point is just to test who can figure out cheesy ambiguous puns! YAY!!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

most definetly a couple from the early FF games.

Did Uematsu do "Hymn of the Fayth"? I freaking can't stand that song. I mute the TV when it comes on now because I simply can't stand it anymore.

The Wall Market song is one of my favorite FF7 songs. FF7 had a great soundtrack. Not as good as FF6, but still excellent.

I also don't really like the World Map music in FF3 that much. It's a bit too jumpy.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

The Hymn of the Fayth is composed by both Nobuo Uematsu and Masashi Hamauzu. However, the theme is also played in the song "Summoned Beast Battle", and there only Junya Nakano has been credited for the song.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD View Post
    1st: Djose Temple (FFX) - Okay, I know this is quite an experimental song, but I just don't like this track at all. The strings in the beginning are quite annoying, and the song has a few random notes after that, and it doesn't really have any direction. The song sounds pretty much like a mess from a chaotic nightmare to me, and it wasn't even designed for that kind of scenes in the game.
    Haha! I know. That's a crazy song! Pretty funny too.
    Peace and grace,
    Simen Sebastian.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Anyway, whatever the song that plays in FFV when you escape Karnak Castle is definitely irritating.
    Irritating is not a strong enough word to describe that piece. During the Karnak Castle escape scene, it made me more nervous than anything and got so panicky my whole party ended up dying. Especially when the pace quickens and then you're all "OMGOMGOMGMUSTGETOUTNOW".

Suffice to say, I put the sound on mute when I get to that part of the game. I don't need the music to make me more nervous. I already have the countdown and it's plenty enough to make me panic, thank you very much.

Most of VII's soundtrack i dislike, save for One Winged Angel and a few others i cant recall the names of.

I dont much care for X's soundtrack either, especially the music for the Cloisters and the blitzball music *shudders* and now that damn blitzball song is stuck in my head just from mentioning it....

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

This 'Uematsu' character is pitifully bad at creating interesting background music for towns and the world map. He manages to create something that is so inoccuous and mediocre that it renders me muting the television, sans the boss fights (If something is unbearably terrible, I will listen for the same reason people slow down to stare at an interstate wreck). Philip Glass creates more interesting variety than these ultra boring bastardizations of western music which assault my ears whenever I take a tour of a town. I get more out of 'Music in twelve parts' than, for example, the soft rock abomination which is the FFVIII music for Timber.

So my answer is the Wall Market music from FFVII. Sweet Jesus its awful.

In my opinion, Uematsu's music is excellent for the most part. I thought Timber was quite qood.

Ive heard some Philip Glass, and is sounded . To me, minimalism is utter crap. Only better than serialism and perhaps experimentalism. I hate that style of music.

Blue Fields from FFVIII was almost remarkably bad. There are a few tracks that might have rivaled it in shear monotony but the fact that you had to listen to it each time you embarked on the world map (and thus very often) makes it by far the worst BGM in the series.

its not so much annoying but i found the final boss music from FFVIII dissappointing especially as I had completed VII the week before (i had nothing to do this summer!) for the 50th time and it was my first time at the end of VIII.

After one winged angel i was pretty dissappointed
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank you Owen Macwere for the rockin' sig!

I Spaced!! :luigi: Simon Pegg rocks my socks :luigi:

Cloister of Trials. This song got repetitive. Fast.

Hm... Blue fields... or Cloyster of trials... or Kuja's theme... or Esthar... Dude, there's too much to choose from! Meh, I say ESTHAR! May it rot in hell!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.