Thread: Special Task Unit Force (STFU lol) strikes hard!

Default Special Task Unit Force (STFU lol) strikes hard!

Nov. 24, 2006 03:00 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

Accounts Banned (Nov. 24)

We would like to report the termination today of multiple accounts held by players involved in the usage of third-party tools or cheats, or engaged in RMT (Real Money Trading) activities.

In relation to the severity of the violation, over 2,500 accounts were temporarily suspended, while over 9,000 accounts were permanently banned.
    Details of the violations are as follows:

- Usage of tools that allow enhanced character movement.
    Approx. 1,100 cases
    - Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear.
    Approx. 6,400 cases
    - RMT-related activity
    Approx. 4,000 cases

The termination of these accounts has led to the removal of approximately 45 billion gil from circulation.

We would like to remind players that the use of third party programs adversely affect game balance. Along with affecting game balance, other risks can arise from use of third party programs that are not immediately obvious such as possibly introducing damaging viruses and compromising the security of private account details. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within FINAL FANTASY XI and we will continue to severely penalize any players found to be in violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

During this round of account terminations, we mainly focused on RMT operations that were active within Japan. However, rest assured that our continued investigations encompass all regions where RMT activity is occurring.

As we continue to ensure a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, we hope that our players enjoy the game as it was intended and take care to avoid involvement in activities that violate the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Crazy ... sux for those peeps ... but yay for the rest of us ...

/cheer STFU !!!
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

These are good news. Let those bastards burn.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

hooray

Though, it kind of sucks that sushi went up 30k in price per stack over night. x.x;

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

For the first time it appears that SE really hit the RMT that affect players most intead of just bank characters. After every one of these bans over the last month, my friends and I would log on and /sea all for well known RMT. They were always there.

However, this time, it seems that many have disappeared. A good majority of the sky RMT are missing with about 4 exceptions. Almost all the Gusgen mining bots have disappeared. The Homes (homek, homel, homen, homem), which are famous on Fenrir, are MIA. Also, Hollyboyboyboy seems to be gone... which will cause a dramatic rise in sushi prices and will make cooking a worthwhile craft again.

The RMT monopolozing Siren's Hair NMs are still in SSG though. Also, the RMT camping Phantom Worm and dominating Angel Skins are still prevalent. Hopefully SE will continue to weed these out and keep stamping out upcoming RMT accounts.

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    I miss the Zooe's...

good news indeed...havent been able to log on for a few days and still wont be able to untill this next Sunday

so this is very good news and I hope SE keeps it up.

Now if only it makes my precious silent oils and bee wax go back up in price. T_T

But yeah good news. Glad to hear thier getting the real gil sellers now.

Now then, if they'ld only fix everything else that's still a major problem in the game.
    This space intentionally left blank.