Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I there ACUALLY a DIRGE of Cerberus in the game?

Default I there ACUALLY a DIRGE of Cerberus in the game?

is there actually a sad song of cerberus (or Vincent) in the game? or is the title referring to uemetsu's The Nightmare Begins? or is that just a gay title?

It isn't the best title for a video game is it?

The word "dirge" can also refer to a mournful sound as well as a sad poem or song, so you could argue it's a metaphor to describe how nothing but pain and mourning follows the firing of Vincent's gun...but that's pretty tenuous in itself!

I didnt know, cool... but sad

Love is equal to suffering

well, I do believe they mean "dirge of cerberus" as "The Sad song (story) of Vincent Valentine" Now, I'm not going to spoil WHY Vincent would be called cerberus, but if you have played and beaten the game, you would know why.

I understand that part, I just wanted to know if they actually made a song about Vincent Related to or called "Dirge of Cerberus".

Dirge=sad song or poem;but can also be a song or poem that tells or describes a story or someone's life....Kinda like the songs the Bards played back during the old england days...(god, I cant remember what they were called...gonna bother me all day)

If the titles of Final Fantasy games had any literal relevance to the games themselves, we wouldn't even be discussing this.

good point...well, there IS relevance behind THE title:"Final Fantasy", but due to VERY fortunate events, its not literate....>.>

oh and his gun...the name isnt based of his gun, the gun is just an addon to the story or theme...kinda like sora wearing the crown necklace in kingdom hearts

Please don't post twice in a row. If you have something to add, use the edit button. ~Shlup

So you know Final Fantasy was named because it was square-enix (squaresoft at the time)last hope of breaking their near bancurapcy status. The game being their final hope was named final fantasy.

Chick Chick BOOM

never knew that about the title final fantasy, but i think the title "dirge of cerberus" is just a bad title

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Moomba

I thought it was a cool name. Or it could have been called "Dirge Of Chaos."

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

dont connect Cerberus to Vincent... why would you?
    Cerberus = gun for it has 3 barrells.
    unless Vincent has 2 invisible heads hidden somewhere, the title deost connect dierecty to vincent at all.
    Dirge = funeral type music, vincent brings death, er... and is found in a coffin in ff7 so it can kind of be connected.
    the title is good stop it your hurting Vincent feelings meanieszzz never mae a man with a 3 barrelled gun sad

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

(SPOILER)Chaos's Moan most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by NGU View Post
    bancurapcy
    It's "bankruptcy" here in the States.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Lancer View Post
    dont connect Cerberus to Vincent... why would you?
    Cerberus = gun for it has 3 barrells.
    unless Vincent has 2 invisible heads hidden somewhere, the title deost connect dierecty to vincent at all.
    Vincent takes three forms in the game also. Vin, Galian, and Chaos: three different heads locked away in one man.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

theres Major symbolism between Cerberus and Vincent >.>. play the game and pay attention...its not physical in any way, I would tell you why but that would be a major spoiler.

(even if I put up spoiler's, people will look anyway)

just remember what cerberus's job is (in hell) and Vincent/chaos's "destiny"

but on another note; I do believe there is not actually a sad song or poem of cerberus, its just symbolism and for the title :/