Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me out. I need good names of good RPG's

FFXIV Character

New Wave (Excalibur)

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    The translation patch kind of helps with that though. ;D
    It sure does
    what?!, huh?!, DUDE!

"OK -- so he looks "cool" when he turns into a Ninja.So what? He's still a pussy."-FF1_Geek

jeese there are alot of games i have never heard of... lol now i feel stupid

Articles
    Blog Entries

God, if you have a PC you MUST GET BALDUR'S GATE I AND II!
    Those games blend RPG, Strategy, and Horror into a interesting battle system, story and characters of FF quality, truly amazing style, and a nice, dark, scary, and emotional style.

Ah, speaking of which, Dark Cloud and Drak Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2 are great games.

The Tales Of....(insert something) games can be found on PS2.

.hack is a great RPG that thinks its an MMO.

Finally, a damn fine game for PS1 is of couse, Final Fantasy Tactics. Wow, am I the only person to mention it? It's too hard though, but enjoyable any day.

Makai Kingdom is just plain Awsome. I preffered it to Disgaia II myself. REally anything from NIS seems enjoyable.

If you dont' mind using a Rom and some translation patches theres Dual Orb II, Bahamut Lagoon and Treasures of Rudra, or something.

Earthbound is an excelent game, can't believe it hasn't been brought up. Also, Brigadine on the Playstation. ITs more strategy, but definatly awesome. Dryst the Mad Monarch is the coolest evil dictator I've ever seen.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Legend of Dragoon.

SOD OF XAVEN!
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh crap, I forgot Dragon Warrior VII! It's graphics are horrid, but the game is underneath. The only real problem I have is that the characters just keep quiet for too much of the game unless you choos the "Talk" command.

NES: Destiny of an Emperor FTW!!! Great game, spent a LOONNGGGG time trying to beat it...Chosing your team from many different characters and enemies is fun!! Its like "Hey look at that guy! He has 815 soldiers!!! Gotta get him to join!!"

Final Fantasy...Like it needs an explanation...

Dragon Warrior(s)/Quest(s).....Good stuff, not as good as FF though.

SNES: Earthbound...The only game I have ever heard of that has a "disease" associated with it..."Earthbound Fever" it was called. This is the ONLY game I have stayed up all night playing. One of those "hey lets rent this game and see how it is.." and getting lost in an amazing game....My father is in his 40s and he still cant put the controller down...

Chrono Trigger...excellent game, you know why

FF IV and VI...both awesome...oh yeah...

PS: soooo many here, but most have been mentioned...I will say Parasite Eve...I had trouble putting the controller down. Its one of those games that has the FF feel, but is different....I guess thats Square with all their spinoffs though..
    If I were a Final Fantasy Boss, I would be named something cool like Super-Ultra-Foxtrot-Omega Weapon or something cool like that...

Earthbound is awesome! Second best right there.

I recomend the Dungeon Siege series. Theirs I, an expansion to I, II and a expansion for II just came out. Also, a PSP game is in the works.

Also, theirs the Fable games. Their are 2 versons, yet lost chapters is the better verson. (Mostley due to the fact that it has more stuff). It's out for PC and Xbox
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!