Thread: Japan exclusive games coming to europe

Default Japan exclusive games coming to europe

www.kh2.co.uk

In a recent interview, the president of Square-Enix Europe revealed that they would be releasing a dozen titles next year in the European market.

Other than Final Fantasy XII he mentioned that they would also release some titles that were previously Japanese exclusives. He did not reveal what games would be on the list, but some games that have been stuck in Japan are: Final Fantasy VII, X & X-2 International, Itadaki Street, and Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix.

Now remember, there have been no revealed titles, and this currently only stands for Europe. We can probably expect more news as the European release of Final Fantasy XII approaches.

WOO!!! for once europe is getting a break!

No fair T_T
    Not everyone in the U.S. wanted to get Kingdom Hearts earlier and miss out on the mixes! T_T *emos and whines*

asdfghjkl;'

Oh it's fair, we haven't got a lot of games that came out in Japan and America. I can't wait to see the line up. (Also this should be in the general SE section methinks).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Dont we already have the FFVII and X International games?

The X-2 International and KH Final Mix however...

I thought X international had an added scene on the end, the one that links onto X-2. I havent seen that.

Thank Sapphiresea for the Siggy! :kaolove:

Also tomamar04 and is working on a site. Become a member of Unlimited 5! Discuss anything!

Quote Originally Posted by IceAngel View Post
    I thought X international had an added scene on the end, the one that links onto X-2. I havent seen that.
    I don't think so. I think X international has the Dark Aeons in it.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Please note that just because a game has "International" added onto it, doesn't mean it came to Europe.

We didn't get FF7 International, that was a JP only thing. And the FFX we got wasn't called "FFX International", it was just a PAL version. FFX-2 Last Mission was a JP only thing too.

Basically, we've gotten the same games as America, but a lot of them still haven't or won't come out. A few examples are Xenosaga 3, Radiata Stories, Chrono Trigger, Rogue Galaxy, Okami and a few others that I can't name off the top of my head. They didn't come out, and a lot of them are still TBA. (No one in Australia, even Europe websites I've emailed, can give definate answers on the relase dates)

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Europe did get Final Fantasy X International, actually, although the contents were slightly different from the Japanese version. One had the "Eternal Calm" short that bridged the gap between FFX and FFX-2, and the other had the "Beyond Final Fantasy" disc with developer and voice actor interviews.

wait... Europe didn't get Chrono Trigger? My gosh! But... thats a classic! How did that never get over there?!?
    The project that was awesome, has fallen apart... oh well.

Wasn't VII International just the US version with a bonus disc thrown in? Didn't Europe already get the US version?

im happy that square are being fair on europe

these are the games we never got

Chrono trigger
    Final fantasy Tactics
    the dragon quest games
    xenosaga 3
    and many more....

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Xenosaga is a Namco franchise. Square Enix has nothing to do with it.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Xenosaga is a Namco franchise. Square Enix has nothing to do with it.
    I wish I had a penny for every time you have to tell people that.

Quote Originally Posted by neokeymaster View Post
    www.kh2.co.uk

In a recent interview, the president of Square-Enix Europe revealed that they would be releasing a dozen titles next year in the European market.

Other than Final Fantasy XII he mentioned that they would also release some titles that were previously Japanese exclusives. He did not reveal what games would be on the list, but some games that have been stuck in Japan are: Final Fantasy VII, X & X-2 International, Itadaki Street, and Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix.

Now remember, there have been no revealed titles, and this currently only stands for Europe. We can probably expect more news as the European release of Final Fantasy XII approaches.

WOO!!! for once europe is getting a break!
    Where in that website is the interview. I can't find it.