Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FFIII :D

Blog Entries

Default FFIII :D

So yeah, I picked up this game and a DS the other day FRIGGEN AWSOME! I love this game so far. I'm about 4 hours in. It's just wonderful, fastpaced so far and the graphics are perty. Story is basic FFishness (I hadn't played III at all prior to this) So yeah fun fun fun!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm glad you enjoy it.

Sounds like you're having just as much fun as I am. XD
    The opening cinematic was so moving and captivating, I was sucked into the game the minute I fired it up.
    It's an amazing game from start to finish. If you enjoy it now, you'll only enjoy it more as it progresses.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I find the game to be pretty slow-paced actually. The battles drag. It's fun in spite of that. Thankfully the random encounter rate seems not to be very high.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm enjoying most battles. Definitely not as fun as FFV's battle system, but it's still pretty deep.

Blog Entries

For me, it;s mainly that I can do EVERYTHING with the touch screen. I LOVE it! I hate holding the DS, it's unconfertable in my hands. So Ilike being able to set it down and just use the stylus

Yeah i just got it last week too i just hit the 25 hour mark. I've had DS since it came out 2 years ago or whenever that was and tbh, i havent got any game for it except for one. No games look that great to me on the Ds but as soon as i saw this i knew i had to get it, and im glad it did i cant get enough of it.

I'm still pondering about whether or not if I should get this game.

Blog Entries

I just broke through the rock thingy with the air ship, I've climb up the Dragons area there and faught Bahumt and he kicked my ass every time! I'm level 13, with a red mage, black mage, theif, and warrior. everyone has the best armor and weapons possible. and all magic I can obtain has been. what the hell do I do!?

Run away!

really

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    I'm glad you enjoy it.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by TrowaBartonIV ^_^ View Post
    I just broke through the rock thingy with the air ship, I've climb up the Dragons area there and faught Bahumt and he kicked my ass every time! I'm level 13, with a red mage, black mage, theif, and warrior. everyone has the best armor and weapons possible. and all magic I can obtain has been. what the hell do I do!?
    Run, and go to the next area, which may or may not make you cast Mini on all of your allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    I'm still pondering about whether or not if I should get this game.
    Ponder no more and buy it. It's worth the twelve 99:99 hour investment.

Blog Entries

Ahh there we go xD thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TrowaBartonIV ^_^ View Post
    you'v just gotta listen to Desch
    [leeza]This is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I'm glad you're enjoying the game. I haven't played the DS version, but what I liked about the NES version was that it felt a lot like a traditional old-school FF, and it had a lot of fun things to do, places to explore and jobs to try.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

How do you hit multiple targets with a spell using the touch screen? If you touch open space, it takes that as a "cancel". If you touch the enemy already targeted, it just hits him. If you touch the other enemy, it targets him and untargets the previously targeted enemy.

I'm sure it's something stupid that I'm just not seeing. It took me about 5 hours of gameplay before I noticed the option to cast spells on all party members from the sub-menu. It's tough to get everyone mini'd for Tozas when you only have 3 minis. Thank God for the forest of recovery, right there.

I think they've done a fine job porting this game onto a totally new format. They lost a little bit, but not a whole lot. They certainly retained more than DoS did. They made the monk pretty worthless in the DS one. And I think they made the Freelancer a bit too good. I mean, I was actually considering keeping a freelancer when I got the first set of jobs. There's no way you'd keep an onion kid after getting jobs on the NES because Onion Kids are totally worthless (Until you get onion equip). The Freelancers can use magic and can wield heavy swords, including the Wight Slayer. If I remember right, even the Warrior can't use the Wight Slayer. Only the Red Mage can.

The Touch Screen gets frustrating, so I really don't use it much. I can't ever seem to get off my ship and I've accidently selected the wrong battle commands for Ingus a few times. Plus, I'm more accustomed to using a D-pad or analog stick, so I'm having trouble adjusting to movement with the touch screen.

But all in all, I'm loving this game. I just recently got around to playing the NES version and it was freaking excellent. I got to Eureka, but decided I'd wait until I had it on DS to finish it.
    Last edited by feioncastor; 11-27-2006 at 04:40 PM.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.