Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally! *falls to knees*

Default Finally! *falls to knees*

Finally this game is within my grasp - well, soonish anyways, December 13th soonish. That's detracting from the point, I need you, the honest public, to warn me of anything that might catch me out/make me want to smash stuff etc.? Y'know, like hard boss fights, hard regular fights, infuriating dungeons and all that jazz.

Fire away!

well,the final boss is took me forever to kill, and there is one boss in the begining, Antlion, who does this "sandstorm" attack which puts everyones HP to 1 (or some number like that) so be ready to heal everyone fast. Plus beware of Ashes. There this monster at the end of the game and they always almost killed me so I ran like a little baby. but thats all I really remember. Different bosses are hard for different people so you'll fust have to play the game and find out.

Some bosses have quite decent equipment to steal, but there's a 1/256 chance of you stealing it. That's annoying.

The final boss is pretty hard (and cheap), but beatable if you manage your abilities well. The chocobo stuff can be frustrating as well, but it is optional.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endless. View Post
    Some bosses have quite decent equipment to steal, but there's a 1/256 chance of you stealing it. That's annoying.
    That's about it.

The mini-games may want to make you smash things but if this is how you feel towards them, simply don't play them, although imo all the mini-games are extremely fun. As for the bosses; The only hard ones are optional.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

finish all the chocobo stuff, to get a chance of fighting one of the hardest bosses in FF (Ozma)
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Besides Ozma (optional boss) this game was relatively easy for me. So don't worry to much about it.

To be honest, this game is one of the easiest Final Fantasies there is. Just take it as it comes. It's pretty easy.

PSP IZ DA DAWGZ!!!!!!! Cid Vicious's Avatar

As others have said this game isn't too difficult compared to some of the earlier ones, although some of the forced mini-games annoyed me. And some of the bosses might be a little tough if under-leveled (Black Walz & Sealion are tricky as you only have Zidane when fighting them early in the game), also DON'T use Fire against the Iifa Tree and listen to the little Moogle in Gizamaluke's Grotto when he advices you NOT to climb up the vines.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Steal from every boss and have patience. But whatever you do, forget about stealing the Fairy Flute from Hilgigars, it can take you 250 tries, trust me, its not fun! The rest is pretty easy.

Gizamaluke. Watch out for him. He's a very early boss but he's pretty tricky if your trying to steal stuff from him while trying not to die. It probably sounds stupid, but I still frequently die on this dude while trying to steal his items

I thought this was one of the easier FF's out there. Just remember to keep leveling and level hard at the begining. There is no shame of out leveling the first boss or any boss after that by 5-10 lvls.

ozma is the only really hard enemy but hes optional anyways. searching for choco graphs can be annoying then trying to find them is annoying. but its kinda addictive and youll find yourself hours on end playing chocobo hot and cold.

the last battle can be kinda challangeing out of ffvii ffviii and ffx i definatly thought ffix had the hardest final battle.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

This game is fairly easy but it is also a lot of fun to play. The bosses range from being very easy (one of them can be killed with a single spell) to extremely frustrating (Tantarian, Antlion). All in all it still my favorite FF.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

theres a status effect called trouble.

it means if the troubled chacter gets hit, the other charcters suffer the damage too. fortunately there aren't many bosses or enemies that use this status effect wisely.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*