Thread: "Our" song?

Default "Our" song?

Okay, I'm a huge fan of Zidane and Dagger, but there is one thing that rather bothers me. How did Dagger's song become Zidane and Dagger's song? To me it really only seems to have any special connection to her, not him. I just noticed when he said "Our song" (I think in Madain Sari near the end of Disc 2?) I was like, "Wait, what?" Did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi
    "Sorry I'm late... I just got lost on the path of life..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Powell
    "Report speaks you a bonny monk, that would hear the matin chime ere he quitted his bowl..." Hear, hear! Truer words never spoken! Everyone should take this passage to heart and memorize it and apply it to their lives!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Feeney
    "OMG this is the greatest project! Let's confuse everybody by coming up with code names for elements! Then they can find the density of it which is really the point but now I can take off 20 points because they won't know what its codename is!! Now the whole point is just to test who can figure out cheesy ambiguous puns! YAY!!

I am the ULTIMATE Zidane & Garnet fanboy. It's simple, Zidane stated that as a failed means of flirting with Garnet. At the end of the game, they say it's "their" song then, because it truly is. Zidane sung it, to give him reason to survive and return to Garnet.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

*SPOILERS!!!*

Madain Sari on Disc 2:

ZIDANE: "It's okay. Keep singing. 'Cause it's our song, right? I'm surprised you found this place. You got the talent to be a bandit! How 'bout you and me team up? We'll call ourselves 'The Betrothed.'"

I think Zidane said it to flirt with Dagger or to tease her a bit. However, I think he was also the only one in addition to Dagger who had heard the song (he was with Dagger when she sang it on Disc 1), so maybe that's why he called it "their" song.

Also, the ending:

DAGGER: "How did you survive...?
    ZIDANE: "I didn't have a choice. I had to live, I wanted to come home to you. So... I sang your song."
    DAGGER: "Our song."

Well, it could as well be Zidane who said "Our song" in the end, but I don't think it really matters. Since Zidane kept singing the song to survive and make his way back to Dagger, it's now also his song.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post
    It's simple, Zidane stated that as a failed means of flirting with Garnet.
    Oh, okay. I was pretty sure about the end, but I didn't quite understand why he said it in Disc 2. That sounds about right, though. :rolleyes2 What are we going to do with him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi
    "Sorry I'm late... I just got lost on the path of life..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Powell
    "Report speaks you a bonny monk, that would hear the matin chime ere he quitted his bowl..." Hear, hear! Truer words never spoken! Everyone should take this passage to heart and memorize it and apply it to their lives!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Feeney
    "OMG this is the greatest project! Let's confuse everybody by coming up with code names for elements! Then they can find the density of it which is really the point but now I can take off 20 points because they won't know what its codename is!! Now the whole point is just to test who can figure out cheesy ambiguous puns! YAY!!

Let him and Garnet have a happy ending pls!

The song is wonderful..!!!!!
    "A mortal!? ...I'm finished? I don't believe you! Why should I believe such a silly story! You're telling me that I'll die soon, now that I'm more powerful than anyone? I'm gonna... die!? Lose my soul...? Ha... hahahahahaha! What comedy! Zidane, isn't it hilarious!? I'll die just like the black mages I so despise! I single-handedly brought chaos into Gaia, but in the end, I'm nothing but a worthless doll!" (Kuja)

I think Zidane was just flirting with Dagger. However, it actually becomes "their song" after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post
    I am the ULTIMATE Zidane & Garnet fanboy.
    Actually, Chris was.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Such a lovely song ;.;