Thread: Anyone Know...?

Anyone Know...?

Does anybody have any good strategies on gambits?!?!?! I have been playing for about 40 hours now and I don't have any good strategies on gambits except heal and attack!!! =/
    Someone help me outz. >.<
    Why don't you come down to, funkytown?!?!

I like to have one character with "foe HP=100%/steal" this def comes in handy.
    Last edited by ekkatin; 11-27-2006 at 07:05 PM.

I have a Foe: HP >80% Steal' because I can never get a character steal's interaction done before it gets hit by somebody.
    [I]All Your Images Belong to The Overchan v2!

Webfiction | Leaving the Light. - Fanfics | Dark Distorted Mirror | Shinji and Warhammer40k | Starcrossed |

My real estate agent, old Jill
    Has excellent properties still;
    There's none of it bland,
    Still top-dollar, and
    Has vacancies I'd love to fill

Ally:Any | Esuna (or any status-curing spell like Poisona or Blinda) will only be used when a character is inflicted with a status that spell can actually cure. They won't simply use it mindlessly, so that is advised. You don't have to put it with a specific status Gambit for it to work the way you want it to.

The same goes for Ally:Any | Rise/Arise... It will only be used when a character dies.

Foe:Flying is one that usually takes some Gambit set-up. I like to have one character set with Foe:flying|Oil and then the other with Foe status=oil | Firaga. Sometimes for fun I'll also use 1000 Needles or Shades of Black with foe:flying as well.

For the most part, until you get to the end and the Fire-Weak, Ice-Weak, Lightning-Weak, Wind-Weak, Holy-Weak, and Dark-Weak Gambits open up, there's not much to do really except Heal, attack, and cure statuses. Everything else you just sort of manually input when a situation happens every so often.

Any foe | Dispel is nice I guess...or you can specifically pair it with Protect and Shell, but I normally only use Dispel on bosses and Mob Hunts, because by the time a regular enemy is dispelled they're usually dead anyway.

Make sure you always have someone set to Self | Libra.
    Libra is your friend and always needs to be on.

Edit: Oh and pairing buff spells like Protect, Shell, Haste, Bravery, and Faith with Self can make life must easier as well. After a while I get sick of waiting for them to cast things though and I tend to only keep Haste and Bravery on for normal encounters.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 11-28-2006 at 03:45 AM.

I lub gambits. I set up Shades of Black for Foe:Flying, Esuna for most ailments, and my personal favorite, Foe:status=Oil:Firaga.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Putting and Ally: Any Phoenix Down/Raise/Arise at the top of your gambits can help save you a split second when your characters die.

Dispel gambits come in quite handy, although it is usually nice to specify status. On non boss enemies usually the only important status is protect, and even then it doesn't necessarily need to come off depending on how strong you are. Try adding in a Foe HP > x condition to the dispel.

I do have a question for anyone who knows. I usually have Haste and Regen up for running around and the full slew of buffs up for difficult battles. I set up a Foe HP < x on the buffs I want and they don't cast on most normal enemies, but I have yet to run into a high heath one to check that they work properly. Can anyone confirm this so I can recommend it to anyone? (I got bored with the game and am too lazy to fire it up to test.)
    In my experience for attacking gambits usual Target Foe: Lowest HP is the best way to co-ordinate your characters attacks.

I only have curative gambits (HP and status stuff, and of course Ally: any-> Phoenix Down). And Self->Libra

I don't have any gambits set up to target enemies (except to target the party leader's target and attack) 'cause I'm afraid they'll put me into a fight against something I'd rather avoid, like that idiot Vossler, attacking a powerful skeleton thing during a sandstorm, making it chase me and almost kill me. I may have mentioned that incident before, but I'll never forgive him for that.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Interesting, because I can't find myself to trust my characters with healing gambits. I find I can manage heals so much better because I can judge casting time, enemy targets and relative mana for all my characters before I make the decision.

Auto-attack gambits are nice, because it basically means for all non boss encounters all you have to do is run your characters into range and they take care of everything for you while you can brows forums/make food/study while running around.

Ally: KO --> Phoenix Down
    Self: MP<10% --> Charge
    Ally: Vaan/Penelo --> Decoy
    Ally: Lure --> Protect
    Ally: Lure --> Shell
    Ally: Lure --> Haste
    Ally: Lure --> Bravery
    Ally: Lure --> Faith
    Foe: HP Critical --> Poach (Sometimes)
    Foe: Flying --> Bio
    Foe: Party Leader's Target --> Attack
    Foe: Nearest Visible --> Attack
    Foe: Any --> Dispel
    Ally: STATUSES --> STATUS HEALING ITEM/MAGICK (I usually use items) (And I input Ally: Doom --> Remedy first, at least when I got blasted with a lot of status effect, one soup of Remedy and they're gone) (I put Confuse, Disease, Sap, Stop and Doom first before other statuses)

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Hey Dell I gots questions!!!

1.)Does Foe:Any--->Dispel work?
    2.)What the heck is Lure?
    3.)Where can i get it?

:confused:

yes foe:any---> Dispel does work, I personally like to save dispel for boss battles.

Lure is a magick that causes a foe to focus their attacks on one character instead of spreading it out.
    Searching For everything already there For every thought already known For everything that ever was, is, and will be Struggling Oh how we struggle And the more we avoid it The greater the struggle becomes Until we realize That struggle is a blessing Progressing Changing Evolving Growing From a seed to a tree From a child to a (wo)man From a (wo)man to a spirit To a god fulfilling his plan Purpose No words can describe the unmeaning No beginning No end Just always now Marvelling at the miracleAnd all of a sudden It all seemed to make sense somehow Searching For everything already there For every thought already known For everything that ever was, is, and will be

OIC kool thanks for teh info!
    :tongue:

Quote Originally Posted by MurderfaceX3 View Post
    OIC kool thanks for teh info!
    The magick is called Decoy. You can buy it in Eruyt Village.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.