Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Question! Who is the most powerful Darth?

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I don't read much pre-original series stuff, because I think a lot of it is crap. So I'm just going to go with Exar Kun. Maybe he wasn't technically a Darth, but Dark Lord of the Sith is close enough. He killed an entire race of people just to drain their power and bind his spirit to the temples of Yavin 4. That's pretty hardcore.

If the new Legacy of the Force series continues on the path it's on, I think (SPOILER)Jacen Solo may just become the most powerful Sith Lord/Darth ever. They probably won't let him, though. Too many fans would be upset.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I would say that Palpatine is the most powerful of the Dark Lords in the movies. Which other villains do you know that suceeded in almost entirely destroying the heroes, corrupting the Chosen One, taking over almost the entire galaxy, and almost suceeding in becoming the supreme ruler of the universe, all while slowly corrupting the Republic from the inside out?

I don't read the books or comics.

For the video games, Revan wins. <spoiler>The main character of KOTOR is actually Revan himself. He's one of the few Sith that fought not out of greed or lust for power, but to try to save the galaxy. He's also one of the few Sith that have managed to turn back to the light side of the Force after falling to the dark side. Destroying the entire Sith Empire and the Star Forge as nearly a one-man army is also pretty damn impressive.</spoiler>

For me, Darth Maul. Hes half bad-ass, half kick-ass, well really now hes just 2 halves. he was the first sith lord I saw do battle. And hes got an awesome design. ONly reason he lost was because he under-estimated Obi Wan. If he didn't, Vader would have never existed. And he had a dual lightsaber. That kicked ass.

Is it just me or does talon look like a mix between Ayala and Darth Maul?
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Lord Sigma View Post
    Destroying the entire Sith Empire and the Star Forge as nearly a one-man army is also pretty damn impressive.</SPOILER>
    Indeed, there are few games in which the player has ever controlled a character more insanely powerful, given what that character was able to accomplish, than the final "chapter" of KoTOR.

(SPOILER)Sith minion: "I have news of the Jedi."
    Darth Malak: "Did our droids pass their test?"
    Sith minion: "No."
    Darth Malak: "Strange..."
    Sith minion: "It was Revan, Master."
    Darth Malak: "Yes, that would explain it. Send out all the troops."
    Sith minion: "Do you think they could stop Revan?"
    Darth Malak: "OF COURSE NOT!!! But they'll buy me time to fully prepare the Star Forge's defenses."

Classic.

Darth Nihilus destroyed whole planets with the force alone, if I remember it correctly. You can't get much stronger than that, imho.

I'd have to say Darth Sidious, as he manipulated the Clone Wars right under the noses of both the Senate AND the Jedi, and also kept his true identity as a Sith Lord a secret from the Jedi for a LONG, LONG TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Zante View Post
    Darth Nihilus destroyed whole planets with the force alone, if I remember it correctly. You can't get much stronger than that, imho.
    yes, Nihilus pwned all
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Nihilus consumed entire planets. Some say that he was without control, but it must be then mentioned that he was capable of using the force to lift his ENTIRE flagship from its orbit around the planet of Malachor V, and kept it together even though it was not space-worthy. He also fought with an aggressive one-handed stance.

He may have been the most powerful.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Materia Hunter Yuffie View Post
    I have to go with Vader
    Did Vader obliterate ENTIRE FREAKING PLANETS with only the force?

No.

Thus, refer to this simple inequation:

Nihilus > Vader

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Read the graphic novels and you'll find Vader is by no means a wuss. What he did in Episodes 3-6 was nothing to what he did off-screen. Cruel, abusive of his powers, Vader also sent assassins after his own assassins, obliterating innocent bystanders after condemning others to death for exactly the same crime and was potentially on course to treacherously overthrow Palpatine, and the Emperor knew it
    ...Geddit?

I choose Sidious because I'm in love with him and biased.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have always loved Vader, and I still do, but I have to say that Revan pwns all.

Revan > Vader > All

Darth Fuego !!

Dun dun dun ... dun, dun dun... dun, dun dun

Cue Orchestra
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by link31793 View Post
    For me, Darth Maul. Hes half bad-ass, half kick-ass, well really now hes just 2 halves. he was the first sith lord I saw do battle. And hes got an awesome design. ONly reason he lost was because he under-estimated Obi Wan. If he didn't, Vader would have never existed. And he had a dual lightsaber. That kicked ass.
    Actually, the dual sided lightsaber is an incredibly stupid design, and it is a testament to Ray Park's skill that he could actually wield it with any effectiveness, even in a mock duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Materia Hunter Yuffie View Post
    I have to go with Vader
    Did Vader obliterate ENTIRE FREAKING PLANETS with only the force?

No.

Thus, refer to this simple inequation:

Nihilus > Vader
    Well, by writer Fiat, Vader is the strongest by potential, as is Luke. They just haven't achieved that potential. Also, Didn't Nihilus need a device to help him crush the planets with the force?