Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Goal! An absolute cracker! >>WATCH<<

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Football Goal! An absolute cracker! >>WATCH<<

This is a goal from the 2nd Bundesliga in Germany. The 2. Bundesliga has become really great in the last 2 years.

The match is between Karlsruher SC (my supported team since 5 years) VS Hansa Rostock.

The goal is from Massimilian Porcello. A half Italian, half German player who only recently was transferred to the team.
    The ball was NOT deflected! (This was shown in the highlights afterwards)

>>>>>Watch Here!<<<<<

I think the last time ive seen a long distance goal nearly as good as that was when Beckham scored from the half way line (no free kick), but the goal keeper was dozing. No goal keeper would be dozing during a free kick, especially after seeing him take such a long run up!

Anyway, that goal was from 45 meters.
    Last edited by Croyles; 11-28-2006 at 05:20 PM.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

It was a good strike, but if the goalkeeper wasn't a total bender he would have saved it.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yes lets just accept that he is a total bender, and focus on the skill of the shot!

Yupe it was a nice long range piledriver without deflection the ball just swirve past the defender and into the net...Well I'm not a Beckham fan but I still think Beckham's goal is better than Porcello because it's further and it was a chip...this is the best too

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

David Beckham? Pssh, Xabi Alonso's last two goals have been scored in his own half. This one pounds Beckham's into the ground imho.

As for the Bundesliga is nowhere near as strong as it once was. (yes, I have seen games) Look at Hamburg in the Champions League if you want evidence of that, whereas before, German teams were very dominant in European competition, and were definitely right up there with Spanish, Italian and English teams. Nowadays, Germany, France and Holland's leagues make up Europe's second tier. Sure, Bayern, Lyon and PSV are able to compete with the big boys, but one team a league does not make.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Let's not speak of Alonso's last goal, Paul! Infact, let's pretend that it never happened.

I'm with Dan about that goal, though.

Did anybody see Ronaldinho's goal this weekend? Wow.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought this thread was going to be about. Here it is.

Hmm, I thought the keeper didn't do too badly considering the players in front of him and the ridiculous swerve on that ball.

Ronaldinho's technique is awesome - reminds me of Bergkamp's control on a goal he scored for Holland.

It's a good hit, but he's got lucky to score with it.

The keeper's view is clearly obscured by the defender and it's very difficult to tell from that clip if there was a deflection. Whether it hits the guy or not though, he's the reason the 'keeper is wrong footed.

Roberto Carlos scored a better one against England a few years back.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Burtsplurt View Post
    Ronaldinho's technique is awesome - reminds me of Bergkamp's control on a goal he scored for Holland.
    This one, by chance?

Qualitey goal.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought this thread was going to be about. Here it is.
    Eeee! What skill.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    David Beckham? Pssh, Xabi Alonso's last two goals have been scored in his own half. This one pounds Beckham's into the ground imho.

As for the Bundesliga is nowhere near as strong as it once was. (yes, I have seen games) Look at Hamburg in the Champions League if you want evidence of that, whereas before, German teams were very dominant in European competition, and were definitely right up there with Spanish, Italian and English teams. Nowadays, Germany, France and Holland's leagues make up Europe's second tier. Sure, Bayern, Lyon and PSV are able to compete with the big boys, but one team a league does not make.
    Hamburg isnt just doing bad in the Champions League, they are 2nd last in the Bundesliga. They are not a good team anymore. I dont really think you know much about the bundesliga at the moment. You may have seen a few games, but you need to be a constant viewer to really see whats going on. The bundesliga is just like it always was, at least from the last 5 years. And last time I looked, it wasnt just Bayern being able to keep up with "the big boys". I dislike Bayern, they play extremely boring football. They deserve to be 8th, like they were last week.
    Anyway, this game is from the 2nd bundesliga, which has risen dramatically in quality over the past 2 years. It is better than the Coca cola league 1, which I only stopped watching since it ended this year.

And Doc Sark I wouldnt say its luck. This is Porcello's 6th goal since the bundesliga and DFB cup started this year, and they nearly all been as good as this one. I think 3 from 35 metres, this one from 45, and the rest were tactical ones which were also awesome. I think he is like the 5th choice for scoring goals for the team.

Alonso's goal was brilliant no doubt, but the goaly was also clumsy and fell over, he could have saved it if he hadnt gotten freaked out.

Heres another goal from Alemannia Aachen, who were third in the 2nd bundesliga last season.

Goal from Diego from Werder Bremen when they won 3 - 0 against Bayern.
    Ahh I can list so so so many more, I bet the Premiership has had some great goals this season too, shame I cant follow the league, since im now situated in Germany.
    Last edited by Croyles; 11-28-2006 at 10:39 PM.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Tugay's volley this season was a scorcher, it's definitely on youtube if you want to see it, I can't be arsed to find it. Also look for Daniel Agger's wonder goal too.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Anyone remember Yeboah's goal? Good Lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMAYZIyIuRM

Str8 Pimpin'