Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butchered Anime on TV

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I started watching non-Toonami Tenchi Muyo! and Outlaw Star and whew, was that some editing they did. They didn't even show an episode of Outlaw Star. Toonami is starting to get a little better though. I've heard hell a couple of times in Naruto and I'm truely positive, but I think I heard damn in an episode of Zatch Bell!
    I even remember the last episode of YuYu Hakusho, they played on Toonami was completely unedited!

One Piece doesn't count, cause it was on Fox Kids and I don't trust their dubs ever since the Escaflowne fiasco y'all keep bringing up.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Azumanga is not ruined in the English version, I don't know how the hell you can put that in the same sentence as the likes of Naruto and One Piece. Besides aren't we talking about edited anime, not the quality of dubs.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by Omni Legacy View Post
    I started watching non-Toonami Tenchi Muyo! and Outlaw Star and whew, was that some editing they did. They didn't even show an episode of Outlaw Star. Toonami is starting to get a little better though. I've heard hell a couple of times in Naruto and I'm truely positive, but I think I heard damn in an episode of Zatch Bell!
    I even remember the last episode of YuYu Hakusho, they played on Toonami was completely unedited!

One Piece doesn't count, cause it was on Fox Kids and I don't trust their dubs ever since the Escaflowne fiasco y'all keep bringing up.
    Naruto's rated TV-PG which makes soft-cursing okay.

The only anime I bothered to watch in english was FMA, the story line or translations didn't change to much, they just edited a hell of alot of blood out compared to the original.

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

Anything by DIC is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Azumanga is not ruined in the English version, I don't know how the hell you can put that in the same sentence as the likes of Naruto and One Piece. Besides aren't we talking about edited anime, not the quality of dubs.
    In my mind dubbing is a form of editing, it is changing the original product. And what i think about english Azumanga is just my opinion, i am sure many people enjoyed the english version i just did not.
    Another anime that lost some of its value in the english version was Trigun.
    Now for some words of wisdom:
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    - Britney Spears, Pop Singer