Thread: Did the Corel guys forgive Barret after the incident on disc 2?

Banned

Default Did the Corel guys forgive Barret after the incident on disc 2?

Alright, the Corel inhabitants seemed totally mad at Barret on the first disc, but after you've stopped the train everyone goes like this:

"Hey Barret, we are coalminers, right?"
    "YEAH! Our hearts burn red like coal all day long! We love coal mines."
    "Exactly. We'll hide from Meteor, and behold! here's an Ultima materia!"

I think they seemed really friendly all of a sudden. :rolleyes2

yeh i think one someone saves your entire town from total and unforgiving annihalation, ur sort of obliged to forgive them yeh it's all cool after that

Why do you imprison your saviour?

well.. ok say someone burned down your house, then a few years later they save your house from a train.. Wouldn't you forgive them? Sure they were bitter towards barret but time had passed and he showed that he cared for the people there and blah blah blah.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Ill still never understand why they all blamed Barret, I relly hate that point in the game cause im like "why the hell are you blameing Barret, you lot went along with it aswell <insert a choise swearword here>"

Quote Originally Posted by ~Reno~ View Post
    Ill still never understand why they all blamed Barret, I relly hate that point in the game cause im like "why the hell are you blameing Barret, you lot went along with it aswell <INSERT here swearword choise a>"
    yeah i dont understand that either. If its that bad why are they still living there?
    And dont anyone comment with that part of the game wouldnt make sense if theyre was no one there

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Barret was really for the reactor. He was the one who convinced the others to allow the construction of the reactor. Besides, every tragedy needs a scapegoat.

And the reasopn they're still there is because they've no money to leave and nowhere to go. Besides, you don't leave your hometown, where you were born and raised and raised a family, just because it's not there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by vorpal blade View Post
    Besides, you don't leave your hometown, where you were born and raised and raised a family, just because it's not there anymore.

hahaha! I think/hope you were joking.

Alright, I've got a lotta things on my mind, so I'll list them one by one.

As for the cause of their distrust towards Barret for the village burning caused by SHINRA and NOT Barret, Barret and Dyne were possibly investigating the reactor or just plain taking a walk. Scarlet's unit attacked Barret and Dyne on their way back to Corel and ended up seperated. Barret wasn't the direct cause of the fire, so they had no reason to blame him whatsoever. Sure, he could've prevented nasty things from happening, but is it really Barret's fault if the Shinra a) persuade him that Mako is the better energy source as opposed to coal and b) massacre his village when he didn't HAPPEN to be there. If his absense was his fault, then Dyne would've been equally at fault, but just because Barret came back along, as varpol blade so elegantly put it, every tragedy needs a scapegoat.

Another thing. It was Scarlet that proposed to build the reactor near their village, not Barret. And he wasn't the only one who was up on the idea to build it. The townspeople also agreed with Scarlet, so he couldn't be at fault. Because Barret was the only one that wasn't there, it would've been convenient to blame him. People tend to do that.

As for their attachment to their hometown, it is understandable. As Barret said in Midgar, "People don't leave because they're too poor. They stay because they love their land that much." When you're born in a city, you tend to have a certain love for it, dispite the fact of whether it's a hellhole or a glamourous city. Barret was referring to Corel as well as Midgar, I'm almost positive on that, because he, too, was raised there.

As for the foiling of Shinra's plan to bulldoze Corel into the ground, the people realized what Barret did for them during that circumstance, they felt they had to forgive him. After all, what he did for them was much greater than what he forgot to do years back. In short, everything wraps up nicely unless anyone wants to make something of it.
    I AM MasterX! I am the man who respects himself FAR more than others. I am the person to question when someone is constantly forced to commit crimes. I am the bastard that allows forum law-breaking to occur in front of his very nose.

I am what I am.