Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Christmas presents!

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default Bad Christmas presents!

Ender's post in the "worst game ever" topic in General Gaming just rekindled a repressed memory of one disappointing Christmas. I really wanted Chrono Trigger when I was nine years old. I put it at the top of my Christmas list and dropped hints pretty much every day. Going through everything on Christmas morning, I found a present shaped like an SNES game box and I began to get excited! Could this be it! I tore off the wrapping paper like a madman only to discover that it contained..."Home Improvement" for SNES. I died a little on the inside, decided to try it out anyway, shot a nailgun at some dinosaurs (seriously) as a horribly pixelized Tim Allen, and then shelved it until FuncoLand opened up a few years later and I got $3 in store credit for it. I eventually did get Chrono Trigger five years later for $15 damn dollars, I might add, but I had to leap through flaming hoops to get it.

What was the most disappointing gift you've ever recieved?

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've never had a disappointing gift before!

One doesn't spring to mind, anyway.

Blog Entries

My sister made me wait until the very last present, saying that she had an awesome gift, and wanted me to open it last. i was really excited, and I waited until the end, and I opened the present and it was an empty box. It made me sad too, because I had actually gotten her a present.

Also, once my aunt sent me a box of, like 500 colored pencils. I hate colored pencils. I've only used them for 10th grade art class. never before, never again!

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

I cannot think of any at the moment. Everthing I may have been disappointed about at the time has turned out to be useful at a later date.

So many...

Bad presents are the reason I figured out the true identity of Santa Clause...he would know what I wanted.

The Home Alone 2 for SNES I mentioned in the worst game thread was from one of my aunts.

I've received countless T-shirts from my dad's mom from Kohl's with stupid sayings on them like "You wanna piece of this? No, you don't." I still get these in fact. I'm far too old to be getting kiddie presents, and despite telling my grandma not to get me anything for Christmas, or if she insists, to just send me some gift-certifcates to whatever, she stills gets me these T-shirts. :rolleyes2

The most disappointing gifts I ever got though...

I asked for a model/remote control airplane kit when I was maybe ten or eleven. My grandfather built and flew them all the time, and I wanted to get into the hobby myself. Instead I ended up with one of those airplanes that are attached to a wire that you spin around your head while pressing a button to make the propellar spin. That same year I had asked for a telescope (I wanted a real telescope) since I had an interest in astronomy. I ended up with some dinky plastic Fisher Price telescope. Those two gifts traumatized me so much that I still get upset thinking about them.

When I got a Sega Genesis instead of an SNES like I asked I was a bit dissapointed. It turned out to be a good console anyway, and it was my first ever. I got an SNES a couple of years ago secondhand, and I prefer it to the Genesis, but I still have more games for the Genesis because I've had it much longer.

when I got under pans... I always get them , KILL THEM

Love is equal to suffering

Articles
    Blog Entries

One day, one Christmas...

I was thirteen, I wanted FF9 SO badly. It came out last month WOOHOO! Anyway, I saw a box, it looked like a PS1 disc, I opened it, and I got...... "Tom Petty Greatest Hits!" I wanted to kill my then 10 at the time sister.

Blog Entries

I'd love to say underwear, but they became so common that they hardly disappoint. In fact, I was rather glad when I got boxer briefs last year. So I suppose my worst gift ever would be my Pokemon sleeping bag, because my little brother stole it.

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

im a nice guy...so im always greatful...but one time...this chick id been goin out with for like the 2 weeks before christmas jus for someone to go to parties with...and she was a babe..but you know sephirothishere isnt shallow...
    but yeh..she got me this promise bracelet thing..it wasnt that it looked girly...but..it was pissin me off...she knows what kinda guy i am...this was like she wanted me to marry her or somehtin...it freaked me out...

Sephiro this here.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gift cards make pretty bad presents. Especially since they lack imagination and most people buy gift cards from places that I never shop at. Also, the time when my parents decided to buy me the Spice Girls game; which was terrible. We took it back the next day, but atleast they tried with that one.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Jewelry, i think its pretty useless..

Underwear is always welcome because I dont buy underwear..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I would say a pair of socks, but I got this really cool pair one year, they were long and stripey.

So I think a bad present I have had was this really ugly pair of gloves and a matching scarf and hat.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Um... my aunt on a side of the family that we are in a big fight with and do not talk to got me this half-broken crappy board game for Christmas. She always got me very cheap board games.

My mom went one Christmas where she decided she would buy my brother and myself nothing but non-'entertainment' related things. Since I'm an uber-nerd and only care about movies and games and books and the like, I was kinda disappointed when I was getting puzzles and an astromony thing and clothes. The worst part is they're gifts, so you have to pretend they're all cool no matter how bad they are.

Oh, and when I was 16 my dad bought me a Dragon Ball Z t-shirt and I about died from choking on my own vomit.