Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite messaging service?!

*yawn* What's your favorite messaging service?!

Mine's MSN, although everyonce in a while I'll sign on AIM because I miss it but then I get tired quickly and get back on MSN.

I like MSN 'cause the comment box and the display pictures, also the handwriting function 'cause sometimes I'll draw pictures at people.

I like AIM solely because of the idle and away functions. I usually sign in on Away on msn but most people know I'm there, but when I'm not they're shocked, luckly most of them would have me on AIM and then realize I havn't touched the computer in 6 hours. XD

I can't stand Yahoo for the life of me, I may have used it once since I was 14. :rolleyes2

So which messenger is your favorite and why? What would you do to make it better if it's not good enough already?

MSN is great if you patch it to oblivion. Yahoo sucks, though.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

well, the client I use is adium, pretty nice.

My favorite service, well they're all rather similar. aim seems to have the best transfers, but you can leave offline messages with y!m,but adium will store messages until I or they are signed on again, so it's moot. AIM I guess.

I talk to the most people on MSN (all folks from here of course), but I'm on AIM all the time just in case someone from RL wants to contact me (which happens occasionally). I'm always away on AIM though, even though I'm very often NOT away. Sometimes my away message is a conversation-starter (I NEVER use "I am away from my computer right now" as an away message, and I despise it), often it tells what I'm doing, and it's a chance for me to be witty and creative. I don't put up an away message; I craft one. Also it's one of the main ways my parents gain information about my life. Yes, they use AIM.

I also like MSN because it's where I talk to a number of people from EoFF, plus all the reasons Greed-ness mentioned.

Yahoo is just terrible in comparison.

AIM by far. It's so simple and unobtrusive, and file transfer is a piece of cake on it.

edit: oh yeah, obviously I'm not using anything above AIM 5.9, because that Triton stuff is garbage.

The old AIM. I hate the new one. Y!M wasn't too bad either. Though I hardly get on them unless I'm looking to talk to someone specific. I tend to get stalked by a few people I'd rather not talk to.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Banned

msn lately. aim has so many stupid features, that if i use it, i only use version 5.1 or whatever. none of that aim v. 6-7 nonsense for me~~

but i talk to most people on msn. i like the handwriting feature too, and the display pictures are a lot nicer. then again, for aim the away message is nice, and the personal profile...

but on msn i always am away and i can still talk to people from away, which i like.

so i dunno, but probably msn. not yahoo, of course. xD

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I use Trillian, so it doesn't matter much to me. AIM's plugin seems to be the most reliable. MSN as a service is more feature-rich than AIM or Yahoo, but the actual messenger is plagued by so much random bull it's really horrible. But as a Microsoft program that's not especially surprising.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

MSN. If I'm online, I'll be on MSN.

I don't really use any of the others. I use Skype occasionally if somebody wants to voice chat~

MSN, I guess. I only get on it to talk to one person in the early AM hours. It doesn't really matter to me because I don't need fancy magenta pants features, just text.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

msn

Yahoo is kinda clunky and troublesome just for logging in, and AIM is AOL related and I refuse to touch it. ICQ is a pain and I don't know anyone that even uses it anyway, though some aspects of it were fun... if only I could remember what.

MSN.

Blog Entries

Msn I'd say.

MSN, though most of the people I talk to are on AIM.

Blog Entries

I like msn the most but i dont know why people dont like yahoo. I dont use it as much as there arent as many people online but i still like it.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!