Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ritz

No contradiction at all.
    Don't make this any more tedious, please...

First, the book is not called "The Final Fantasy".
    Read more carefully -- the book is colloquially described as "The Final Fantasy." The book is named "The Gran(d) Grimoire." (the "d" was probably dropped during the romanization -- I noticed that it was missing in the manual's description) You made another mix-up.

That is a totally incorrect view supplied by the writer of that guide and not supported by any canon evidence.
    Or, perhaps, it is a more accurate translation of the Japanese plot synopsis.

The Official Player's Guide is, well... official. The information therein seeks to be as accurate as possible. If you feel something is wrong there, then take it up with the writer -- not me.

Second, no one said that the book in the store didn't have a title. The title just couldn't be read.
    Does this detail really matter?

*Sigh* Forget it.
    I guess this is your subtle way of agreeing with me.

Any proper response to this would likely get me banned, so I'm just going to quit arguing. Ignore what the game tells us. I don't care.
    Well, this discussion is over. If you can't handle a disagreement with maturity, then I'm basically wasting my time here. People have disagreements everyday -- it's nothing to take personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Youjirou View Post
    First, the book is not called "The Final Fantasy".
    Read more carefully -- the book is colloquially described as "The Final Fantasy." The book is named "The Gran(d) Grimoire." (the "d" was probably dropped during the romanization -- I noticed that it was missing in the manual's description) You made another mix-up.
    No, it's not colloquially described as "The Final Fantasy". It isn't. There is nothing at all indicating that. Why do you continue to hold to a view which has no supporting evidence?

That is a totally incorrect view supplied by the writer of that guide and not supported by any canon evidence.
    Or, perhaps, it is a more accurate translation of the Japanese plot synopsis.

The Official Player's Guide is, well... official. The information therein seeks to be as accurate as possible. If you feel something is wrong there, then take it up with the writer -- not me.
    Sure, some guy working at Brady or Prima or some other such company knows more about the game and what is truly meant by it than the people that made it.

Wrong. The "Official" guide means that Square Enix gave the liscense to that company to allow them to make the guide. That's it. The information inside the guide is not supported by Square at all, nor is it necessarily an accurate transcription of the contents of the game.

Second, no one said that the book in the store didn't have a title. The title just couldn't be read.
    Does this detail really matter?
    Yes. All details are important. Ignore the details and you wind up with something that has no bearing on the actual game, which is what seems to have happened.

*Sigh* Forget it.
    I guess this is your subtle way of agreeing with me.
    No, this is my subtle way of indicating that I don't want to bother arguing with someone who's skull is thicker than a brick wall.

Any proper response to this would likely get me banned, so I'm just going to quit arguing. Ignore what the game tells us. I don't care.
    Well, this discussion is over. If you can't handle a disagreement with maturity, then I'm basically wasting my time here. People have disagreements everyday -- it's nothing to take personally.
    Yes, for some reason I have a problem being told I'm wrong and that I should pay more attention to the plot by someone who has apparently ignored at least a quarter of the text in the game and who has no actual evidence to support their claims. I'm tetchy that way.

Anyway, I suggest a new topic if you wish to discuss the workings of the Gran Grimoire more. The subject at hand is Ritz.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Skyblade, please pay attention to the above quote and stop getting so defensive and negative in your responses and going off-topic.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

I Just found it slightly odd that Ritz got picked on in the human world because of her hair colour.... I mean if it was not an important issue for the plot in genral, who have her picked on for somthing that usally wouldnt be picked on for?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Little kids get picked on for anything different. Perhaps you should read the story "Ghost Boy" which is about an albino boy who is shunned by his community.

Also, please read the forum rules Posting in old threads is not a cool thing to do, so always check the last post's date before you post.