Thread: Job Adjustments - 12/01/2006

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    More SAM buffs pls
    SAM has enough.

It would be nice if they would lower the recast time on refresh for rdm

:bigbiggri
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They should allow PLD to learn Refresh.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    More SAM buffs pls
    SAM has enough.
    Philistine.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'm sure it's only a few updates away at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'm sure it's only a few updates away at this rate.
    Yea at this rate Pld will be better than Rdm and I'll be outta werk

/cry

***EDIT***
    Didn't sam just get this kick a$$ upgrade last update they did ???
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

More monsters to learn spells from! Yay, now maybe I wont have to do Promyvions after all...
    jkhkjg

I don't think that's what they meant. They are nortorious for being horribly misleading.

I think by more monsters to learn from they mean the Soulflayers and frog folk.

Any currently existing blue magic spells will still be unique to one type of mob. So if you want all of your spells you'll eventually have to do Promies and get sea.

When (around what lvl for blue) do you have to goto promy's and sea to learn Blue spells ... ?

Not to mention ... WooT ! New spells for Blue !!!!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

the paly seems a little ub3r now...

might aswell unerf RNG and DRG >->

Frightful Roar (50) is learned from Taurus'. You COULD learn it from the ones in Uleguerand I suppose, but it's best to get it from Sacrarium (CoP 4-3 or higher).

Disserverment (72) can only be learned from Aerns in sea areas (CoP 8-1 or higher).

Saline Coat (72) can only be learned from Xzomits (CoP 8-1 or higher).

Temporal Shift (73) is from Hpemdes (CoP 8-1 or higher).

Actinic Burst (74) is from Ghrahs. (CoP 8-2 or higher).

Reactor Cool (74) is from Zdeis. (CoP 8-2 or higher).

Plasma Charger (75) is from Phuabos (CoP 8-1 or higher).

Vertical Cleave (75) is from Euvhis (CoP 8-2 or higher).

Things like Disseverment and Vertical Cleave are some of the strongest damage BLU spells is in the game and can open and close Darkness. Also,

Also, Vertical Cleave+Saline Coat = Defense Bonus (You can get it other ways, but only from much worse spells). Defense affects the power of Cannonball which is also used to do self Light skill chains with Savage Blade.

Im truely happy with the PLD buff. When I first read the update I had to read it again just to make sure I read it right. PLDs are already pretty tough and now this will just make them ub3r. 1v1 in ballista will be a joke if one player is a PLD. The only jobs that come close to beating a PLD are NIN and RDM but after this update....I dont know
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Im truely happy with the PLD buff. When I first read the update I had to read it again just to make sure I read it right. PLDs are already pretty tough and now this will just make them ub3r. 1v1 in ballista will be a joke if one player is a PLD. The only jobs that come close to beating a PLD are NIN and RDM but after this update....I dont know
    I agree Plds (In PvP can be) Uber damage dealers with great defense but due to lack of enfeeb magic and way to remove status ailments they may not be soo great (theoretically) in PVP ... (unless of course you /whm or have a whm in ballista pt)

at least me thinks @.@

***EDIT***
    I have a ways to go on need'n those spells for my blue >.<
    thanks yeargdribble for the info ...

'Cause knowledge is power ^.^
    Last edited by Fuego; 12-05-2006 at 01:34 AM.

PLD's aren't uber damage dealers. x.x; Where'd you get that idea? Also i think it'd be a bit hard to tell how they'll go with this update, considering we don't know exact numbers and equations yet.

And about Promys -- you really should do them anyways, it'll open up new areas for you and more story. Not to mention the Promys are so easy and fun, I think I've done them around 4-5 times each one for friends.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Far as PvP goes a pld would tear through most other characters. They also have the highest Divine'n magic skill out of any other job .... Banish III would bring some good destruction regardless ...

True they don't have the DD power of a Drk or Drg (with pet out) but they could still kick some a$$. They are great tanks so they would probly be able to hold up to a war and outlast them (esp with the new additions from our friends at SE)

In that aspect they can be pretty uber DD's. (Not to mention they can heal themselves).

But in a pt scenario Pld's are tanks not DD's i know @.@

I do plan on doin' the Promys and whatnot ... but i was refering to getting blue spells in promys for a high lvl blue ... which i am not.
    Last edited by Fuego; 12-05-2006 at 01:31 AM.