Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Job Adjustments - 12/01/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
    Far as PvP goes a pld would tear through most other characters. They also have the highest Divine'n magic skill out of any other job .... Banish III would bring some good destruction regardless ...

True they don't have the DD power of a Drk or Drg (with pet out) but they could still kick some a$$. They are great tanks so they would probly be able to hold up to a war and outlast them (esp with the new additions from our friends at SE)

In that aspect they can be pretty uber DD's. (Not to mention they can heal themselves).

But in a pt scenario Pld's are tanks not DD's i know @.@

I do plan on doin' the Promys and whatnot ... but i was refering to getting blue spells in promys for a high lvl blue ... which i am not.
    Banish III is not PLD usable, its WHM only(not to mention the HORRID cast time and mp cost to begin with..), and PLD hsa B- Divine, WHM holds the best Divine with A-.

PLDs usually dont outlast NIN RDM or MNK in ballista in general, this will help them alot, however i dont think its enough to push them to that degree yet...Cures with 9 people hitting you usually dont pull out and any WS from an evenly matched player(everyone is EM after all) is usually enough to take you down to a sliver of life if you are lucky in ballista. Our only real dmg is 300TP Spirits Within or a good Vorpal/Savage Blade.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Thats wierd ... My pld has higher Divine than my whm ?

As for the rest of it i meant one on one ... that doesn't mean i am any less wrong ... but anyway i don't really know too much about ballista to me its like Besieged ... i just stand there and heal and refresh

Hoo Hum ...
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

You wearing your Gallant Surcoat? Cause that could do it with +5 Divine Magic skill.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I don't think there are any actual spells from any of the empty mobs. I could've overlooked one though. I believe Frightful Roar will be the first thing you need to worry about from a CoP area (and you COULD get it in Uleguerand Range if you have some crazy high level friends).

EDIT: Forgot, Jettatura is in the 40s from gryphs >< Need Riverne access for those.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    You wearing your Gallant Surcoat? Cause that could do it with +5 Divine Magic skill.
    if its capped.

PLD can get a higher Divine Magic rating if its perhaps... I donno, I dont really know much at all about anything other than MNK, and even then, thats an overstatement...?

PLD is not a DD, it can do some, but not much compared all the other DD's in the game. End of story.

PLD's divine magic is lower than WHM's. End of story.

I think you guys hve pretty much proven you don't know much about PLD or other jobs in general. So you don't need to add incorrect facts to the thread. D;

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Job Skill Ranking Cap at Level 1 Cap at Level 37 Cap at Level 75
    White Mage A- 6 114 269
    Paladin B+ 5 109 256

x3

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    PLD is not a DD, it can do some, but not much compared all the other DD's in the game. End of story.

I think you guys hve pretty much proven you don't know much about PLD or other jobs in general. So you don't need to add incorrect facts to the thread. D;
    Very true. PLD are not DD's but you can fit them to be DDs. However, they will always be alittle behind an actual DD job no matter what they wear. PLD is a tank job, end of story.

Now in PvP, I havent actually played ballista yet but I do post on a forum that has a few hundred people that do, plus friends online that play all the time in ballistas. Anyways, they tell me that the PLD doesnt win matches due to DD. They simply outlast the other player.

WAR, DRG, SAM etc, with a /rdm sub the PLD can kill these easily if he is equipped with the right gear. Stoneskin, Phalanx, blink, flash, protect etc. Unless the DD job gets extremely lucky, its a small chance that it will beat a PLD due to the DDs def being so low and not being able to damage the PLD adequately enough at the start. The def - att of each one is just that different. On top of that the PLD can cure himself and block.

Against a NIN, Aegis shield defends against the elem wheel and diaga eliminates the shadows. Then you can cast Bio2 (lowers str and does 7 DoT). Then you simply outlast the NIN by curing and occasionally "interrupting" the NIN recasting of Utsusemi:Ichi. Im not saying its easy, but a NIN vs PLD is an even match. Same with a RDM.

Ive also been told by exp 'ballistars' that a PLD is used as a tank in team matches as well. I saw you said it takes 9 players to take the PLD down, which is partly true. It will take several players at one time to take him down. But you see, the PLD isnt supposed to survive the match. Hes supposed to be the tank while the casters and DDs attack the players trying to kill the PLD. Killing the PLD makes the match much easier but at the same time the other team will take alot of damage in the process making it easier for the PLDs team to win. It all goes hand in hand.
    Last edited by Darius; 12-05-2006 at 06:13 PM.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

I saw you said it takes 9 players to take the PLD down, which is partly true. It will take several players at one time to take him down.
    I remember a 30 cap Ballista as my PLD. I tanked about 3 DD's and laughed at how long it took them to bring me down. XD

It's not impossible with the correct gear set up, capped skill, and a low eneough level where the difference between skill isn't too huge. But either way is still impractical to shoot for.

Someone sounds a tad bit angry at the moment. >.>

Not angry, just trying to enforce the facts more.

PLD can do some damage, I've merited as PLD/NIN and used my WAR gear (as well as borrowed a friends gear), and they are ok. They do fall really short though compared to other DD's. Really short.

And just as a side note, who really has the gil or time to get an Aegis? It'd be nice to have, but really... I don't think I could ever waste my time with trying to get it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Well I have heard nice things about PLD/NIN with pure DD set up. But then again I can't say much as I wasn't there, but my LS member said they were actually doing damage that was noteworthy, but who knows. But yeah PLD should usually never be DD as thier base skills arn't geared towards it, and neither are thier weapons. But hey it is fun to watch every now and then. ^^b

And just as a side note, who really has the gil or time to get an Aegis? It'd be nice to have, but really... I don't think I could ever waste my time with trying to get it.
    Yeah that reminds me I was going to make a comment about the guy who mentioned PLD's over poweredness if they managed to get a hold of the strongest shield in the game and how that was a stupid basis for a jobs ability, basing it off of the strongest and rarest equipment in the game.

Switching topic a bit back to the adjustments, I'm still pumped for the new COR buff. I can't wait to play mine again after the update. ^^

Sure if you want the best items for a particular job, you have to work for it. Months? A year? Alot of work and time? Sure. But why not try and get it? You can Dynamis and sell everything you get for gil. You can farm BLM spells and make quite a bit of gil. Once I hit 75 ill be farming the fire 3 scrolls to sell at the AH. Its easy to make gil in this game ya just gotta spend alot of time making it.

As for an Aegis shield in PvP, or just in general, you dont NEED to have it to win. It would obviously help but its not the end all be all shield.

I myself will try to get it. I expect to set aside at least 6 months or so to get it, if not longer. Maybe it wont take that long, maybe it will. Its all luck in the end.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

I'm not saying PLD is only overpowered with Aegis. They are getting increasingly powerful without it. However, with it, they are just stupefyingly powerful. (Fafnir hitting for 15-20 damage a swing)

The point isn't even about how powerful PLD has become. It's the fact that SE continues to give so much attention to a job that seems to get something new almost every other update for the past year, while at the same time, there are a ton of jobs that need a LOT more attention that are getting shafted. Jobs like BST and DRG come especially to mind.

Also, to be fair, the other relics aren't downright game breaking like the Aegis is. You give a PLD an Aegis and he is ungodly. You give DRG a Gugnir and he's just another DRG. You give a THF a Mandau... he's still just a Treasure Hunter whore for your drop-rate. The only other relic that is even remotely as big of a deal is the Gjallarhorn.

So now PLD is getting new every other update AND has the best relic in the game. Now you see my point?

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gjallahorn IS the best relic in the game. It's the only one that benefits the whole party, not just the person who has it.

Yeargdribble, I see your point and its very true. I think SE will give the other jobs updates soon enough though. They have to know what they are doing and can only improve 1-3 jobs at a time. DRG will probably get a great update and DRKs scythe, which should have been this update, will probably be in the next one. I dont know. I can understand people frustration when PLDs get update after update, but im also a PLD myself so im excited. Maybe another expansion pack will come out that will have new items and skills and whatever...I dunno...