Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Job Adjustments - 12/01/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Gjallahorn IS the best relic in the game. It's the only one that benefits the whole party, not just the person who has it.
    On the grand scale Gjallarhorn and Aegis are pretty on par with each other. For big fights you can either have the Gjallar giving the mages enough MP to cure the PLD more... or the PLD can just be taking less damage as the result of the Aegis.

Aegis benefits mages nearly as much a Gjallarhorn in that regard. Hell, if the PLD doesn't go down, other people don't get their faces kicked in by some HNM as a result of a PLD that couldn't stay alive. Gjallarhorn does nearly nothing for melees.

Gjallarhorn is more useful than Aegis for something like Dynamis maybe, but in a good dynamis shell MP is never an issue anyway. I know in my shell our BLMs are all sitting at 300+MP virtually all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Sure if you want the best items for a particular job, you have to work for it. Months? A year? Alot of work and time? Sure. But why not try and get it? You can Dynamis and sell everything you get for gil. You can farm BLM spells and make quite a bit of gil. Once I hit 75 ill be farming the fire 3 scrolls to sell at the AH. Its easy to make gil in this game ya just gotta spend alot of time making it.

I myself will try to get it. I expect to set aside at least 6 months or so to get it, if not longer. Maybe it wont take that long, maybe it will. Its all luck in the end.
    Oh, if only it were all that easy. Good luck to you.

Currency you need for shield is around 16,500 pieces, costing 15k-20k a piece on Midgardsormr. I'll let you calculate that. That's a crap load of gil right there, and no dynamis shell is just going to give you that right when you join. So you're looking at a lot longer than 6-8 months.
    Last edited by Rostum; 12-06-2006 at 09:55 PM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

It will realistically take 1.5-2 years to finish a relic. That's if you happen to be wealthy enough to support it.

Most D-Shells aren't gonna let you sponsor right off the bat. Even if you got into a good sponsorship program you'd need to supplement with bought currency or it would take you around 3 years of sponsoring (best case scenario with 300+ currency every run).

Soooo many people I know have waste insane amounts of gil getting to stage 3 because it's easy to do. Then they realize what's in front of them.

Like the horn is

1->2 3 Jades
    2->3 14 100 Bynes

Easy enough.

3->4 60 Silvers

Then you realize that getting to stage 4 was less than half of what it would take to get from

4->5 100 Jades

Everyone gets to stage 3 and quits. If you ever do want to upgrade... be smart and keep it ALL in currency form until you are at least saved up to stage 4 to avoid a huge loss when you lose your nerve.

Word. Thanks for the info.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Unhappy Wow ... what was that all about ?

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I think you guys hve pretty much proven you don't know much about PLD or other jobs in general. So you don't need to add incorrect facts to the thread. D;
    Thank You, omecle ... i do realize i have no knowledge really of the pld job (I mean hello ... i'm a red mage ). What i do know, is from reading websites and random peeps i meet in game (Not to mention what i see in my own stats -which as it turn'd out was some wierd glitch) . That bein' said, i appreciate the helpful information, and will ask someone else if i decide to trade in my Fencing Degen for an Honor Sword. I'd rather be ignorant than basically bein' call'd a moron ... it doesn't inspire the learn'n juices (even if you're try'n to enforce the facts) ...

So ... thank you, for suck'n the fun outta' my day.

***EDIT***
    And thank you Yeargdribble for the info ^.^
    You Da' Man :evilking:
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Don't get too emo, it's the internet.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Angry

I'm not gett'n emo ... i just (how shall i say this) Strongly HATE people who come across like the end all be all and i'm just privledged to know you ... "End of Story"

Besides an "I'm sorry if i made you feel s#!tty" wouldn't kill ya ... but then again .. ego is a hell-of-a drug ...

So ummm .... you don't have to be so stuck up omecle, just because you have a 75 Pld doesn't mean you can treat us like we're Rubes ... "End of Story"

And just because i'm post'n this on the internet doesn't mean i'm not a real person ...
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

I love how people assume things, when you can't tell the kind of tone one speaks over a forum. /sigh

Why are you so defensive? Is it because you're that self concious? You know, I stated that you guys didn't know what you were talking about, and I was right. Hell, you even admited to it. So what are you on about?

I never once stated that I'm better than anyone, I said I knew more about the job because I've had more experience. So back off man.

*yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I love how people assume things, when you can't tell the kind of tone one speaks over a forum. /sigh

Why are you so defensive? Is it because you're that self concious? You know, I stated that you guys didn't know what you were talking about, and I was right. Hell, you even admited to it. So what are you on about?

I never once stated that I'm better than anyone, I said I knew more about the job because I've had more experience. So back off man.
    Since you seem clueless ... imma break it down, and i'll go slow.

"I love how people assume things, when you can't tell the kind of tone one speaks over a forum." (this goes with the first post.)

HAHA ! It was the words you chose ... (not your "Tone") its incredibly condescending what you said ... regardless of how you say it ...

"I think you guys hve pretty much proven you don't know much about PLD or other jobs in general"
    Esp. this part "or other jobs in general" Now thats just uncouth, and unnesessary. esp when you add "So you don't need to add incorrect facts to the thread. D;"

I fessed up to not have'n all the "FACTS" and just goin' off what i have heard (and oh dear god ... speculation, heaven forbid ... its not a fact) . That doesn't mean i have no knowledge of other jobs. That means i heard some incorrect information regarding Pld.

That just suck'd the fun outta' my day.
    (Laymens terms *Poor selction or composition of words, over ride or corroborate "Tone" and make it difficult for others to discern if you're bein' a jerk or try'n to be witty*)

But, then you say "Don't get too emo, it's the internet." WTF is that supposed to mean ? You don't understand what i'm say'n (or where i'm come'n from) so its easier for you to fire off some glib one liner, rather than find out what's goin' on, or why? Yea that'll smooth everything out. If someone has a problem, just tell them not to be "Too Emo" ... thats, what ... equivalent to say'n don't be gay ? So imma supposed to just forget it in the vain interest of what you may think of me ?

And even still, so F???'n what this is the internet ? Does that mean you're not a real person and shouldn't be confronted as such? Does that mean that you don't care? Do you speak a different language than i do and inflections are different with dialect, that can't be transmitted by keyboard ?
    (Laymans terms *So this part would be, because you show possession of little to no empathy for others, or come off as apathetic*)

And thats all before this last post of yours.

I'm sorry to you if you feel i'm being unnesessarily "Defensive". (See how hard that was to just say hey I'm sorry ?)

thank you (Sigmund Frued) for the soft sciences break down ... but if bein' "That self conscious" came to your mind, chances are you're projecting those issues that lie in you onto me. Shall we talk about my mother now? I did admit i was wrong, i have no problems with that (Although i do wish i had some idea what you're on about with the Self conscious thing ... its like debate class and you don't know the topic.).

"You know, I stated that you guys didn't know what you were talking about, and I was right. Hell, you even admited to it."

As far as Pld is concern'd ... you were partially right. (incase you still don't know ... thats not what this is about).

"I never once stated that I'm better than anyone, I said I knew more about the job because I've had more experience."

And for the record ... you didn't even say that.

"Not angry, just trying to enforce the facts more.

PLD can do some damage, I've merited as PLD/NIN and used my WAR gear (as well as borrowed a friends gear), and they are ok. They do fall really short though compared to other DD's. Really short."

I said you were actin' stuck up (with you're "end of story"'s and "Don't get too emo, it's the internet." and so on.)

"So back off man." thanks, that brought a laugh.

I'm gonna stop there. If you still don't get it, i'm just beating a dead horse. And waste'n my time. (Good thing i'm on the clock)

Peace out
    Fue~

P.S. I forgive you.
    Last edited by Fuego; 12-09-2006 at 03:47 AM.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
    HAHA ! It was the words you chose ... (not your "Tone") its incredibly condescending what you said ... regardless of how you say it ...
    You need to read through your entire post and think about your own words. If you were trying to come out of this as the better man, you've failed horribly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify anything Omecle has said, but your last post was infinitely more offensive and blatantly condescending than any of his. You don't do a very good job of playing the victim.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey fellas, how's about we get back on topic, okay? Okay.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Aww my comment got deleted.

Anyways, update is out now....

Edit: supposedly it wasnt the update we are expecting.

Edit2: I was just timing my spells right. :P

Edit3: ignore this post haha
    Last edited by Darius; 12-14-2006 at 01:18 PM.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I've tested two of the Paladin's new features...

I've noticed some changes on Sentinel, I can actually use it to pull hate. But as far as the damage mitigation is concerned it really doesn't seem to do anything more than Sentinel already did - which is not much.

The Shield Mastery upgrade is absolutely great, I <3s it, especially against those irritating Colibri, they attack so damn fast it's a struggle to squeeze in Cure III or IVs.

I've yet to try the Rampart upgrade, I'm curious as to how much Magic damage can be Stoneskin'd so I'll aim for 62 after I get LB3 outta the way.

Wait the update happened? The only updating screen I got so far was just for PoL. Or did I just miss something?
    This space intentionally left blank.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...24/detail.html

No i dont think the update happened..

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3