Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Job Adjustments - 12/01/2006

Default Job Adjustments - 12/01/2006

Job Adjustments - 12/01/2006

Today's Topics will discuss the upcoming job adjustments planned for paladins, dark knights, blue mages, corsairs, and puppetmasters.
    Click here for details. (Taken from www.playonline.com)
    Paladin Adjustments
    With high defensive capabilities and enmity generation in mind, we will be adjusting the effect of the paladin job abilities Sentinel and Rampart.
    Sentinel
    The effect of Sentinel will be changed from an increase in defense to straight damage mitigation.
    Also, all actions taken while Sentinel is in effect will generate additional enmity, allowing the paladin to more easily gain and maintain an enemy's attention.
    Rampart
    In addition to the defense bonus granted to party members within the area of effect, Rampart will now also provide a "Magic Shield" that will absorb a certain amount of magic damage in the same manner as the spell "Stoneskin."
    Shield Mastery
    In addition to granting a TP bonus, the Shield Mastery job trait will also prevent interruption to spell casting when an enemy's attack is blocked with a shield.

Dark Knight Adjustments

The casting time for Absorb spells will be reduced from 4 seconds to 2 seconds to increase their utility in battle.

Blue Mage Adjustments
    Changes will include more monsters available from which to learn blue magic, as well as additional spells, and adjustments to recast times.
    New Blue Magic
    In addition to spells attainable from the newly introduced soulflayers and the Poroggo, there will be new spells made available for mid-level players that have healing and dispelling effects.
    Existing Blue Magic
    The recast time for enfeebling blue magic spells such as "Chaotic Eye" and "Frightful Roar" will be reduced.

Corsair Adjustments
    Corsair adjustments in the upcoming version update will mainly focus on the Quick Draw ability. Also, with the addition of the Rapid Shot job trait, ranged attacks will become a more viable combat tool for the Corsair.
    Quick Draw Accuracy
    A corsair's AGI will now affect the accuracy of Quick Draw. This will make it possible to improve the accuracy of Quick Draw by increasing the relevant attributes.
    Quick Draw Recast Time
    The recast time for Quick Draw will be reduced from 3 minutes to 1 minute.
    In accordance with this change, the Group 1 merit point ability Quick Draw Recast will now reduce recast time by 2 seconds instead of 6 seconds.
    Light Shot and Dark Shot
    Light Shot and Dark Shot will be changed to have the following enfeebling effects instead of inflicting damage:
    - Light Shot: Sleep
    - Dark Shot: Dispel
    *The Quick Draw additional effect of increasing the potency of enfeebling effects will remain unchanged.

Puppetmaster Adjustments

Several new automaton weapon skills will be introduced. High-level automatons will have new weapon skills available for use in various situations.
    - Melee Type
    Inflicts melee damage on a target and drains an amount of HP in proportion to the damage dealt.
    - Ranged Type
    Inflicts ranged damage on a target and occasionally has the additional effect of Stun.
    - Magic Type/Standard Type
    Inflicts melee damage on a target and occasionally has the additional effect of greatly reducing evasion for a brief period of time.
    A new text command [/ignorepet] will also be introduced that will allow you to ignore the pets of others, including automatons, avatars, and charmed monsters.
    The text command can be used in the following way:
    /ignorepet: Displays current status when no subcommand is specified
    /ignorepet on: Ignore pet targets
    /ignorepet off: Allow pet targets
    *While using [/ignorepet on], you will be unable to target others' pets.
    *You will always be able to target monsters' pets, player character's pets in PvP, and Fellows regardless of the ignorepet command.
    Last edited by Lionx; 12-02-2006 at 01:11 AM.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

And yet they make BLU's even more powerful.

Hmm nice. I like the push to further make PLD a better tank and desired over NIN in more situations.

BLU seems interesting now. Looks like thier trying to make people want to try and debuff and play them more as support then a straight up DD now.

COR seems like their trying to help them shine as a DD, at least enough to warrant a slot in a party along with thier buffs. Although the new Light and Dark shot changes are nifty. Finally we get a dispel as I was saying we needed since the beginning. Although I fear the Quick Draw may become a dispel spam soon. T_T Hopefully not. But the sleep debuff was nice also, so we can compete a little bit with BRD's and thier sleep tactics. Though of course BRD ftw on sleep. ^^b

PUP though is nice. Can't wait to see those new WS in action. Now if only they would add a bit more to make our puppets unigue from just another pet job. T_T

Overall I'm excitied for this update.
    This space intentionally left blank.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Looks like a nice update for PLDs especially.

PUP still looks pretty weaksauce though. =/

Cool ! they beef'd Pld up

Blu is gonna kick more a$$ !!!!

Can't wait to see what these new updates will bring to the table of our FF community ^.^

And /ignorepet ... why did it take so long to get that lil' gem ??? try waist'n a min tryi'n to tab target in a crowded area and all ya get are peep's pets @.@

'BOUT DERN TIME !!!!

LMAO !
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Awesome updates for PLD, especially the Shield Mastery one. Spell interruption sucks butt.

PLD and BLU are the two jobs I want to level, and they both seem to be getting the most out of this update.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

the PUP is slowly getting there ^-^

PLD <3
    Seems like every update they give something for pld. Good for me though cause thats what i am
    FFXI: Sylph
    PLD-75 BLM-75 RDM-75 DRG-75

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    You've never partied with me before then. 54 PUP and I've been able to hold my damage on par with most other DD's up til 50, now I got double attack which is just awesome on H2H. ^^

Really though PUP isn't a weak job in DD wise when played right. It's just more so lacking any special features to really offset from every other DD job at the moment.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    You've never partied with me before then. 54 PUP and I've been able to hold my damage on par with most other DD's up til 50, now I got double attack which is just awesome on H2H. ^^

Really though PUP isn't a weak job in DD wise when played right. It's just more so lacking any special features to really offset from every other DD job at the moment.
    Now you're gonna kick some serious a$$ with the upgrade for your pet and H2H ^.^
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Finally, my PLD can be a bit more useful in end-game.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post

Any job can do good during EXP partys, FFXI all comes down to endgame activities, which pup doesn't do so good at.

SE has a problem of listening only to places like Allakhazam and Dreams in Vana'diel (ffxionline.com). The ignore the endgame community, who arguably are more savvy with the game mechanics and are more aware of the balance problems.

The fact that they keep buffing up PLD every single update is almost no-doubt related to the constant whinning on alla about being usurped by NIN. For god's sake, a PLD with Aegis can currently tank Fafnir and take around 15 damage a hit. They are slowly making PLD damn near immune to everything and able to hold hate no matter what. People complain about the /NIN craze... but if SE keeps it up with the hate management, every PLD is going to /NIN at almost any endgame situation as long as they can hold hate (and many do already).

I'm not saying they shouldn't buff up jobs that are already doing well. COR and BLU are obviously both doing well. They are making BLU even more powerful and basically about to put COR beyond BRDs (adding Dispel and especially Sleep makes them almsot on par with BRD for endgame XP).

Meanwhile, while they are uber buffing the already buff, they are ignoring the jobs that are getting [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] on. They really need to pay DRG more attention. I'm glad they add a little for PUP here and there, but it's too little, too late, and too little at a time.

They make claims and then go the other way. They were gonna make DRKs have more of a reson to use Scythes endgame they said... then they added the Algol, which is just a sick GS giving very little reason to use Scythes. They say they are going to make WHM the be-all-end-all healer, but they really haven't added much in that area for WHM... Martyr? Devotion?

They need to be giving more attention to the jobs that are getting screwed in reality instead of buffing up jobs that are obviously doing fairly well already.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Or they can continue to beef PLD and make it the ultimate job!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

More SAM buffs pls