Thread: Map of Fei-Yin @.@ have'n trouble ...

Unhappy Map of Fei-Yin @.@ have'n trouble ...

Ok, i've been try'n to get a map of fei yin.

I know to start the quest in Windurst Waters. And i also know the NPC in the opistery (I think it is) that i have to talk to ...

Here's the problem. Every time i talk to him he jabbers on about nothin at all. I research'd the quest and it says there are no requirements ... so why the hell-z bell-z cant i get him to give it to me D;

I thought maybe its because i already have another quest goin' on, given to me by the opistery ... the one to track down that lost book.

But ... i look'd for that guy who is supposed to have it (it says he is also in Windy waters ... in front of the opistery, around the cook'n guild area) and he is no where to be found ...

So, if i have to finish that quest to start the fei-yin map one ... where the ... is that guy with the overdue book hide'n ... ???

Has anyone done that quest ? I think the one I'm stuck on is call'd a smudge on ones record or something or other ...

Thank you guys
    You Rock !!!
    Fue~
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Most likely problem is that you're lacking some pre-req for the quest. I might take a shot at looking it up in just a bit.

Thanks yearg ... i (Don't laugh) have the FFXI Offical Strategy Guide ... (spring '04 version) and it says there's no requirements ... then i went to somepage and same deal ...

If anything i think its because i have other quest by opistery activated and that may be why ... but i can't for the life of me find that book thief /cry

LOL

gonna see if killing ifrit has anything then maybe hit up the links on the forum here ... but i almost bet thats it @.@

But thank you very much yearg

You rock !!!
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

It's actually one in a quite a series of quests with various fame levels. You'll need to be level 4 fame in the end to get the final quest for the map. The quests are as follows...

Glyph Hanger

Eartly Bird Catches The Bookworm

Chasing Tales

And finally... for the map of Fei'yin:

A Smudge On One's Record

OH ... so i gotta go through them in order ...

well poo ... lol

Thanks Yearg

Yeah, Windy has a ton of really long quest series like this.

No wonder i haven't done them yet

Well its good to have that info ... i can spend the evenin' goin' through those and hopefully still have some time to farm before bedtime ^^

/praise Yeargdribble !!!!

***EDIT***

Allright !!! fin' Early bird catches the book worm

Chase'n tales (tonight) :bigbiggri

***EDIT***

/Praise Yeargdribble !!! I got my MAP ^.^
    Last edited by Fuego; 12-04-2006 at 09:44 PM.