Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: How "Safe" Do You Feel On This Forum?

Rarely is that ever the reason people are banned. Where did you get that Idea?

IF they are banned for flaming it means it happened a lot and is really bad. And trust me, it needs to be pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Phantom View Post
    Stop fighting....just stop....you can't fight each other....NOT WITHOUT REAL WEAPONS!!!! Come on, I have just about every weapon on earth, you can't start a real forum rumble without real weapons, now....what are ya buying?

QFT imho.

But...

You're going off-topic
    Yeah...srry, it's way to easy for me to get off topic...
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

Why am I now getting the distinct impresion this thread was made for publicity to get Devil man voted most likely to be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker View Post
    Why am I now getting the distinct impresion this thread was made for publicity to get Devil man voted most likely to be banned?

Maybe it's because your ill-educated?

Irony. ~Shlup

Wait, Reine got banned? When and how did this happen?

Back on topic: I feel quite safe. As far as I remember I haven't gotten any warnings from the staff members up until now. It is true that the staff can be a bit strict here, but I think it's needed. If there weren't rules and strict staff-members this forum would probably be filled with wackos and all hell would eventually break loose. Even though that sounds like fun, it would get tiresome after some time and people in general would just stop coming here.. at least that's what I think.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The "sophiscated insult" example you gave would be accepted because they say that they think that person is wrong, and being whatever it ws that you said. That's different to saying they're stupid.

For example: I could tell Breine* I think his view on pancake flipping is ridiculous and illogical, and anyone who tried it his way would have to be stupid and wanting to be burned and not get banned because it's what I think. OR I could tell him he's a stupid retard who was clearly raised by invalids if he thinks that pancakes can be flipped sideways. I mean, seriously, how many toes does he have? That would probably get me warned, if not banned.

But yeah, your point remains the same. I just thought I'd pick you up on that before anyone else could use it against you. BECAUSE I LOVE YOU DELLAS!

*This has nothing to do with Breine, other than the fact he's right above me. For all I know, he could be an expert pancake flipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    If you have to ask you'll never know.
    funky mother smurfers will not be told to go!

and yes, i feel safe. I'm pretty friendly with a number of staffers, and I don't do anything banworthy (at least that I post, in my head there's probably enough to get me yelled at a few times.)

That is one of the best insutls I've heard in a while Quin. I think I no longer hate you.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Use your effing brain, and you're pretty safe.

Last time I worried was during the Britt Anti-Spam Witch Hunt days...honestly, the boy called anything that was the least bit fun "spam"

Nope, I don't worry about getting banned. I know what to post and how to post it, I had a special aducation for that.
    Most important thing to stay safe here is to post little, once you post too much words you are screwed. XD
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That is one of the best insutls I've heard in a while Quin. I think I no longer hate you.
    You hated me?

I worry about getting banned because i love this forum, but its not the safest, i am always scared that i will accidentally say something or do something wrong and i will get banned!

Quote Originally Posted by Quin 'n' Tonic View Post
    The "sophiscated insult" example you gave would be accepted because they say that they think that person is wrong, and being whatever it ws that you said. That's different to saying they're stupid.

But yeah, your point remains the same. I just thought I'd pick you up on that before anyone else could use it against you. BECAUSE I LOVE YOU DELLAS!

I love you too Quinny

But lets take this further. Suppose something you said annoyed me and I replied with;

'Do you wanna smack in the face? '

I would recieve a warning for threatening behaviour.

But if I said 'I would like to connect my right hand clenched into the shape of a fist with your left cheek and hopefully cause you a signifciant amount of injury' I would perhaps get away with it because of my sophisticated language.

Likewise, if I said 'Quin, you are so stupid! Shut up and stop Posting!' that would get me in trouble.

But if I said:

'Dear Quin N Tonic, might I take this oppourtunity to inform you that you are an ill-educated and ill-informed oaf and your brain power is functioning at approximately 90% below its possible capability, so could you please refrain from expressing your opinions until you are wiser.' I would get away with it because of better vocabulary.

Ergo...

Semantics, dear boy, semantics

Or something like that.

But remember I think you are a smart guy and I love you!

That is not correct. I would personally warn anyone for any of those examples. Also, editing DM's posts is my new hobby. ~Shlup

Quote Originally Posted by Quin 'n' Tonic View Post
    You hated me?
    There's few I don't hate. It was a rather small list.

I sit back, watch, and chill. I stick to the rules as much as I can, edit anything I say in a rant (if I feel a little remorse for my victims, that is) that and I don't smack offensive things over my signature, posts and threads. I delete stuff I don't want to be repeated/try to out-edit Resha. And I don't double post! So I won't get my head kicked off or something. Once I doubled threaded - the forums were being slow and I kinda double clicked the "Post Thread" button a lot of times because I was so desperate to get something out to the masses. Yeah, I had a thread all to myself ;

Aside from that, yeah, I feel safe. I don't make friends with anyone who can ban me, that means they won't touch me... ~~right?
    Last edited by Laugh at face of Danger; 12-02-2006 at 04:57 PM.