Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Things you don't like about this game.

yeah, but it's easy to get used 2
    [leeza]This is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lufia View Post
    im not a fan of level grinding. its more of work than fun. also the story is very weak. being able to revive characters and than cure them is not predetermine since all 4 characters act randomly so you probaly cure the dead guy first than revive them.
    they don't act randomly, they act based on their agility.

And if you use cure on someone who is dead, it cures someone who isn't dead in the party, the highest living person in the formation. The story is weak because it honestly didn't have much of a story. They spent more of the game memory on the gameplay aspects than the story. And, they made "level grinding" necessary because some people had claimed the previous games to be too easy, and the only way to make an RPG harder, is to make the enemies stronger.

THE JACKAL
    its random man, agility has nothing to do with speed. agility is how many hits you can do when u attack. my theif has 3 times higher agility than my lancer and they both only get 1 turn per round.
    finished: ff3ds, ff4,ff5, ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10,ff tactics and advance

im not a fan of level grinding. its more of work than fun. also the story is very weak. being able to revive characters and than cure them is not predetermine since all 4 characters act randomly so you probaly cure the dead guy first than revive them.

And if you use cure on someone who is dead, it cures someone who isn't dead in the party, the highest living person in the formation. The story is weak because it honestly didn't have much of a story. They spent more of the game memory on the gameplay aspects than the story. And, they made "level grinding" necessary because some people had claimed the previous games to be too easy, and the only way to make an RPG harder, is to make the enemies stronger.

THE JACKAL
    its random man, agility has nothing to do with speed. agility is how many hits you can do when u attack. my theif has 3 times higher agility than my lancer and they both only get 1 turn per round.
    Quote Originally Posted by The official stratregy guide. Yeah.
    Agility influences the order in which actions are executed in battle.
    FACE.

The length of the final dungeons. I mean, I leveled up to 65 before tackeling them to make sure I would be able to beat them in my first try ...it still took me almost 2 1/2 hours to get through them...and if I had been killed by a boos for some freak reason I would have been REALLY pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

THE JACKAL
    FACE.
    having agility doesn't influence the speed. have a character with lower agility and use a hi-potion. than have a character who has a higher agility use raise. you can't predict when his goiner use raise, somtimes its after the hi-potion is used and sometimes its before so don't blame the charge time because it does get random sometimes. also having a character with twice the agility of a fiend doesn't give him the speed of two turns but gives him double the hits per round and the first strike. try the raise and hi-potion randomness out yourself. FACE
    Last edited by lufia; 01-10-2007 at 12:49 PM.

[nes version]

not enough menu space makes it annoying to change classes.
    The parts where you're forced to use classes you don't want.
    Long final dungeon without saves.

But none of that makes the game un-awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    [nes version]

not enough menu space makes it annoying to change classes.
    The parts where you're forced to use classes you don't want.
    Long final dungeon without saves.

But none of that makes the game un-awesome.
    This is how I feel also. I have yet to play the DS version though

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

THE JACKAL
    FACE.
    having agility doesn't influence the speed. have a character with lower agility and use a hi-potion. than have a character who has a higher agility use raise. you can't predict when his goiner use raise, somtimes its after the hi-potion is used and sometimes its before so don't blame the charge time because it does get random sometimes. also having a character with twice the agility of a fiend doesn't give him the speed of two turns but gives him double the hits per round and the first strike. try the raise and hi-potion randomness out yourself. FACE
    I'm gonna go ahead and believe Ken Schmidt (the author of the guide) and SE who made the game. Thank you, come again.

what the autthor of the guide is saying is correct but what im saying is also correct, and that it has no contradictions to my statements, lack of knowledge

what the autthor of the guide is saying is correct but what im saying is also correct, and that it has no contradictions to my statements, lack of knowledge
    I will admit that sometimes using items would change the order of how people act, though not always. And like I said, guarding/defending makes you act first as well.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Blog Entries

DS version?

Quick save.

::Punches various holes in walls::
    now safe beneath their wisdom, and their feet;
    here i will teach you truly how, to sleep.

Most aspects of the story seem randomly thought up and tossed into a pot until they had enough to make a long game. Apparently the DS version improves this, but if this dark force is corrupting random people, why doesn't it think to target one of your party members?

Hey, what's up everyone? This is my first post and I just got this game about less than a week ago. I'm on the second continent and am currently at the part where...eh, I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't played the game yet.

None-the-less, I like this game so far. I grew up on the old school RPG's, so this classic turn-based gameplay is awesome for me. Cheers.

Okay...hi.

Hello, I'm new too.

I haven't beat the game or played the old version, but I'm close to the end. I basically just don't like 4 things. The invincible is slow compared to the previous airship, noah's flute, how much we don't really need spellcasters, and needing to send people messages to get the side quests.

The story was kind of lame, but the story in the first final fantasy wasn't all too great either. (I did like how it ended though).