Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Golden Age of EoFF Forum: When Was It?

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I'd say from ezBoard days right up into the first vBulletin 2.x before it started to lose its charm.
    Or maybe you just started going soft, like the big teddy bear you are.
    I knew Bleys was a teddy bear...

I miss HOOTERS.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit
    I miss HOOTERS.
    Yeah & ff babe. Before my time however.

Str8 Pimpin'

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    I'd say from ezBoard days right up into the first vBulletin 2.x before it started to lose its charm.
    Or maybe you just started going soft, like the big teddy bear you are.
    You got it bass ackwards mate. Back in the day I was a lot softer and trusted everyone. Now I have to watch my back.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Your love for bass hasn't changed, though.

If only he'd grow to love trout.

I probably liked it most in 2001 and 2002, but that's because EoFF was new to me and I had a fair amount of time to spend on here. Now, I don't have that luxury so I miss out on a lot. But it's still good... just different.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think I enjoyed it the most for the first year I was here. But after that I made more friends, whereas before I didn't really know many people who didn't regularly visit #eoff. I imagine most people will think that the first year or two years or what have you was the best time, because everything was fresh, and new, and we like to cling tightly to fond and overexaggerated memories of a lovely past.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I think I enjoyed it the most for the first year I was here. But after that I made more friends, whereas before I didn't really know many people who didn't regularly visit #eoff. I imagine most people will think that the first year or two years or what have you was the best time, because everything was fresh, and new, and we like to cling tightly to fond and overexaggerated memories of a lovely past.
    There are tangible reasons why I consider the beginning to be the golden age of EoFF. People like Dan Walkie and Nino Brown who don't come around anymore, for example. The fact that it was a closely knit community and anybody could say anything without being attacked for it was a major bonus too. In today's EoFF, you can't say you like cheese without somebody crawling up your gonch about it. Back then, there was no need to lock EoEO so that inappropriate elements couldn't access it -- there were no inappropriate elements.

There are tangible reasons why I consider the beginning to be the golden age of EoFF. People like Dan Walkie and Nino Brown who don't come around anymore, for example. The fact that it was a closely knit community and anybody could say anything without being attacked for it was a major bonus too. In today's EoFF, you can't say you like cheese without somebody crawling up your gonch about it. Back then, there was no need to lock EoEO so that inappropriate elements couldn't access it -- there were no inappropriate elements.
    So EoFF has become america?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

There wasn't one.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Well, I was just speaking in general. I'm sure most people would enjoy such a close-knit community. I know I would prefer it. But I think that anybody would find particular people to latch onto depending on when they joined, and always remember them as the best. You have people you love from back then, whereas if someone joined how they might feel a special affinity for Psy or Christmas or whoever is popular now.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

despite posting some stupid things, i really liked it when i joined although it was much different back then. there were some members that i dont see so much of anymore (they could have changed their names though.)

when the survivor games were going, well, it was good at first but as they dragged on it just got boring.

but back then we didn't have christmas or goldenoboco or some of the other members. and some good memebrs have been banned but there are so many good times so this site is, in general, awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know, I think it's fine as it is now. Back when it was shiny and new it was fun. I liked Acmlm's hacks for the board.

I think it's pretty easy to find a board like EoFF used to be though. What's hard to find is a board like EoFF is now, so that's good about it.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

EoFF never got past clay.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I think EoFF has been consistently great from when I joined (2002) up until the present day. People may come and go, but there's always been great people to be found here, and good times.
    Same. I like all the years, though I have a soft spot in my heart for 2003-2004.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Same. I like all the years, though I have a soft spot in my heart for 2003-2004.
    You should get that sorted out. It could be a hole or something and you could DIE!