Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Golden Age of EoFF Forum: When Was It?

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    I'd say 2004-2005
    i would say that as well, evn though i wasnt here for half of that, i was looking regularly in 2004
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I guess the members were more interesting in the old days but the forums/site are way more improved and better now..
    Before nobody cared about the fanart section and now we have neat stuff like the Artist's Gallery..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I don't remember any years or seasons specifically, but I do have fonder memories for people who have left or at least become less active. Rydia, Daryl, Danni, Bossker, Asorie, Britt, Scottie, Chickencha...there's just a bunch of ppl who I associated with Eoff who aren't part of it anymore, so Eoff feels somehow...less Eoff. It obviously isn't less, I'm just influenced by nostalgia and my lack of activity since. Just as many Ancient members are still around as are gone, so it shouldn't really feel any different. However, even the ones that are still here have changed. Bastards have grown up. And I just wanna be a Toys-R-Us kid. I really do.
    The year or so after I first joined seems retrospectively greater than anything since, but that may just be because I'm no longer active, and my life outside of Eoff has changed. I've grown up, Eoff's grown up. It smells of nursing home and adult diapers. It has to have its meds and a sponge bath every day. It's damn old.
    Change. It sucks but it's necessary.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I wonder about some of the people with whom I'm no longer in contact. On the internet and in real life, actually. I can't really connect with a lot of them, though, when I do talk to them. I hope they're happy.

The Golden Age lasted five minutes, and I missed it because I knocked my mouse behind my desk and I was under there looking for it and I found some spare change and I was counting it.
    goku

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

was there any golden age? by the looks of this thread it seems that the golden age is only in our perceptions...and not in reality which seems to be mostly associated with when we first join up as you learn and grow through EOFF....i realise that there were times when even our most leetist members we newbies and were naive and innocent....this doesnt nessarilly make it a golden age....just an age of growth....

FFXIV Character

Hildy Manderville (Faerie)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

2000/2001/2002, probably.

You young'uns missed out on Wyllius.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Anytime when Bleys, Unne, and Raist are all active is a good times in my book.

And back when we had people like Cloud No.9 and Traitorfish, that was good too.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Christmas think The Devil Man is really 1337 Haxxor and will be bumping his threads!!

I know this one! Activities wise, is Aug 2006!! Give me a medal or a RM Title!!

Other factors are based on perception such as when your dick finally touches the moon, it is EoFF golden age!