Thread: Renzokuken and luck

Default Renzokuken and luck

does the luck stat play a role in squall's renzokuken?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

What are you talking about, the number of hits or the number of criticals?
    The number of hits is dependent on your "crisis level", which increases the lower your HP is, if you have Aura active or not, and I think negative status effects have something to do with it too.
    There is a randomizer on the whole things though, just like there is one for your regular attacks, else they would always deal the exact same damage against an specific enemy.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

The number of hits of Squall's Renzokuken is indeed based upon his Crisis Level. This number is based on your current HP compared to your max HP, any status effects currently being suffered from, how many allies are still alive (one or more KO'ed will increase it), and whether or not you are in Aura status. The higher the crisis level, the more hits Renzokuken will have. There is also an element of chance involved, so whilst having a high crisis level will increase the chance of more hits, it isn't a given.

As for finishing moves (because someone is bound to mention this), they each have a set chance of being picked. A higher Luck or increased crisis level will NOT increase the chance of Lionheart being picked, although a higher crisis level does increase the chance that a finishing move will occur. So for the sake of arguement, yes a higher crisis level does increase the chance of Lionheart occuring, but not directly.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Also note that certain enemies will cause Renzokueken to default to one particular setting, sometimes even a unique one for that enemy (e.g. Jumbo Cactuar), no matter what the state of other factors for Renzokuken are.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Same with Griever too, I think.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

X-ATM049(Squall will crack up his wires), Bahamut(Squall jumps between his wings slashing), the Weapons(jumps on their body and slams his hits) and Elvoret/Elnoyle(slams the flying thing on the floor), Jumbo Cactuar(Squall will hit his head, classic) also will have diffrent set of Renzokuken. forgot how Greiver's looks like. However, unlike default, they have a set number of hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    As for finishing moves (because someone is bound to mention this), they each have a set chance of being picked. A higher Luck or increased crisis level will NOT increase the chance of Lionheart being picked, although a higher crisis level does increase the chance that a finishing move will occur. So for the sake of arguement, yes a higher crisis level does increase the chance of Lionheart occuring, but not directly.
    Access to Rough Divide: RD 100%
    Access to Fated Circle: RD 25%, FC 75%
    Access to Blasting Zone: RD 25%, FC 25%, BZ 50%
    Access to Lionheart: RD 25%, RC 25%, BZ 25%, LH 25%