Thread: The Weapons (Spoilers)

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Weapons (Spoilers)

This is only my theory, and it is something I have been studying since probably my 5th time of playing this game (I lost count now) but this is why, the weapons seam drawn towards certain places.

The Weapons where assigned different “missions”.

This was done by Gaia when they were released recently, There missions will be different depending on the current situation.

I also believe that Ultimate Weapon, was the first Weapon to be made, and that the others where only just made. (I.e. UW has been around since Jenova first attacked Gaia, but the others were created recently)

These are what I think these missions are.

??? Weapon

Mission: To remove Shinra. As they are causing problems for the planet.

I may be wrong about this as the weapon was killed before it could actually do anything, and I don’t find anything else wrong with Junon.

(Note this Weapon is often referred to as “Sapphire Weapon” This is not stated in the game.)

Diamond Weapon

Mission: To destroy Mako reactors.

This seams more probable, Mako is destroying the planet In a sense. It is logical Midgar would be it’s first target. As it has about 8 reactors (Though, probably a few were already destroyed by AVALANCHE).

Ultimate Weapon

Mission: To kill Jenova

This is why I think this is the first Weapon, and that others where created recently. Both Hojo and Gast seam to imply that there is only one weapon, and this is the one.

Obviously UW was created to kill Jenova, but was never used. This is still it’s mission. When Cloud is in Midal the Weapon attacks the place for seemingly no reason – there are no reactors, or anything potentially harmful to the planet.

However Cloud has a “Jenova Cell” inside him.

I think UW can sense Jenova’s Cells as that would give away where she is. Basically this attracted the Weapon to Midal.

Later on it will try to attack various places. Some of them are Jenova related (North Cave, Nibelheim, The others are harder to decide)

Emerald Weapon

Mission: Probably the Underwater Reactor.

This is hard to theorise as it hasn’t attacked anything, but since it’s near the UWR that makes more sense. I can’t think of anything Else.

Rugby Weapon

Mission: Undetermined

This is harder as it is never in a place that could hurt the planet. However since the Gold Saucer is built by Shinra, there’s a chance it is powered by Mako.

It is also possible that it is a back up for Ultimate Weapon as it arrives once that weapons dead.

What you make of this?

Banned

It's Ruby WEAPON, and not Rugby WEAPON.

Everything you said sounds just about right; the weapons were trying to destroy Shinra because they were harming the planet.This thing that I'm wondering about is, why didn't they go after Sephiroth? After all, he was the one who was trying to summon Meteor so he could absord Lifestream's Power.

Also, don't forget the WEAPONS in Dirge of Cerberus like Omega Weapon. I don't know who they are and what they are for unfortunately, so someone else will have to post that.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

At the time the weapons were unleashed, Sephiroth had a barrier over the Northern Crater, so they never put their attention towards him. At least, that's what I recall.

Just to remember that the Ruby and Emerald don't have any mission, because they don't exist in the original version of the game.

Pupu, exist only one Weapon in DoC, and is Omega. Omega's mission is very clear. When the planet is going to die, Omega will appear and suck all the pure Lifestream to inside of it, and then fly away, searching for a new planet. Omega is responsible for saving the Lifestream, when the world will be destroyed.

And exist another Weapon in Before Crisis, called Jade Weapon.

The purpose of all the WEAPONS in FF7 is to free up the mako energy to be returned to the lifestream. No more, no less. Shinra happened to have large stockpiles of the stuff in the reactors, which is why Sapphire and Diamond 'went after' them.

After the Gem WEAPONS' jobs finish, then Omega's turn comes in. What is done with the lesser weapons is unsaid, though it would make sense for them to convert themselves back into raw lifestream for the spaceflight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    It's Ruby WEAPON, and not Rugby WEAPON.

Everything you said sounds just about right; the weapons were trying to destroy Shinra because they were harming the planet.This thing that I'm wondering about is, why didn't they go after Sephiroth? After all, he was the one who was trying to summon Meteor so he could absord Lifestream's Power.

Also, don't forget the WEAPONS in Dirge of Cerberus like Omega Weapon. I don't know who they are and what they are for unfortunately, so someone else will have to post that.
    The Ultimate Weapon will sometimes head towards the Crater, but give up a barrier is still in place.

I have not seen/played (not sure) DOC so I wouldn't know.

Whetver missions the planet might have given the weapons are irrelevant, because Sephiroth is controlling them, by the time that you see any of them. They are freeing up mako to return to the lifestream, so Sephiroth can absorb it and become more powerful. The Ultimate Weapon may have originally been created to protect the planet from Jenova, but that's definitely not its mission as it appears in the game.
    My ranking and rating of each FF game...
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=97298

i still believe the weapons are planetprotectors. As soon as the hits the fan, those dudes come out to prevent the planet from dying further
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by opiumcloud View Post
    Whetver missions the planet might have given the weapons are irrelevant, because Sephiroth is controlling them, by the time that you see any of them. They are freeing up mako to return to the lifestream, so Sephiroth can absorb it and become more powerful. The Ultimate Weapon may have originally been created to protect the planet from Jenova, but that's definitely not its mission as it appears in the game.
    Actually, as far as I know, that was only a suggestion by Tifa, and no one else seemed to think it so. Where are you getting this info from?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by opiumcloud View Post
    The Weapons are not on Sephiroth's side. That was stated in error. (By Tifa not Square)
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 12-06-2006 at 08:58 PM. Reason: I made a mistake - OK!!!

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

By any chance do you have an explanation to why Ultima wields Cloud's weapon in FFVIII?
    ...Geddit?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Funny you should ask.

Ultima Weapon does not use the ultimaweapon

It is just a way to EARN the strongest weapon, nothing more. I think it is just a funny wordplay and therefore let cloud earn this weapon when he defeats the ultimaweapon.

Edit: i did not read your question that well, you are referring to FF8, so ignore this post.
    Too big.