Uhhh... this Topic is actually meant to be serious.

I was watching Lord of the Rings: Return of the King after I finished watching Mission Impossible 3 last night, and one thing I always hated about Sam Gamgee is the way he just slobbers and worships the ground Frodo walks on.

I really hate it

My 2 favourite scenes in the Trilogy, indeed, in ANY FILM, EVER!, is:

1: When Gollum tricks Sam with the bread thingy, and Frodo tells Sam to go home and Sam just starts crying like a buffoon.

And...

2: When they are at Mount Doom and Gollum bashes Sam's thick skull with a rock.

I LOVED that!

But I was thinking more on the books which I read again last year for the 100th time. Sam is a much more likeable character in the books and isn't all over Frodo like he is in the films. However, he does adore Frodo a little too much, so it got me wondering.

Is Samwise Gamgee gay?

Do you think that Sam's affections for Frodo were Professor J R R Tolkein's way of discussing homosexuality?

Because absolutely no other character comes close to the neediness and stalkerish tendencies of Samwise Gamgee in the trilogy, or in The Hobbit. No one! Sam is just so clingy. He kinda seems like a stereotype Gay character to me, much like Homosexual Victorians were portrayed in the 19th Century England (like Oscar Wilde for example. Oscar Wilde was all over his young lovers and very camp indeed)

So what do ya think?