Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Child Arrested for Opening Christmas Present Early

Default Child Arrested for Opening Christmas Present Early

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    December 5, 2006 - In a shocking display of parenting prowess, a Rock Hill, S.C. woman reportedly called police and had them arrest her son after he was caught opening a Christmas present early. After receiving the call, police arrested the boy and charged him with petty larceny.

The Rock Hill Herald reported that the child's great-grandmother had warned him repeatedly about opening his present early, protestations that he apparently ignored. The present in question was a Game Boy Advance.

"He took it without permission. He wanted it. He just took it," the 63-year-old great-grandmother told the Herald.

When the boy's mother found the package lying unwrapped and empty under the tree, she immediately approached the child, who proceeded to lie to her. After threatening him with calling the police, the boy apparently returned the toy to his begrudging mother, who then called the police anyway. Although he was not jailed, the two officers responding to the call did charge him with petty larceny.

The boy's mother told the Herald that she had reached the end of her rope with the child, and no longer knew what else to do with him. She claimed that she has been struggling with his constant behavior problems for a while now, and could no longer handle his misconduct.

"I'm trying to get him some kind of help," the 27-year-old mother told the paper. "He's the type of kid who doesn't believe anything until it happens."

According to the boy's mother, he had already been caught shoplifting, stealing money from her, and punching a police officer. She told the Rock Hill Herald that she hopes this arrest will put a stop to his errant ways, because she is worried about his safety. The newspaper reported that the mother plans on having her son placed in the custody of the state Department of Juvenile Justice in Colombia at his court appearance.
    Zing Zap Action!

Personally, I think if her kid was so out of control there shouldn't have been a present to open early in the first place. It's possible I'm an evil person, but I found this funny actually

I'll marry this woman.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I like what happened. Parent's are too lenient with kids these days anyways.

Why, when I was a kid...
    Figaro Castle

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree with these actions in every way

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

That's great. The kid deserved it.

Future Death Row Inmate!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This explains why Manus was mumbling about hating his mom and losing his GBA...
    Figaro Castle

I can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker View Post
    I can't comment.
    Is she even going to give you that GBA for Christmas now? Going to be a lot of sitting and waiting in court. It'll come in handy.

There wouldn't have been a problem if the wench just gave me my dam game boy.

I'd only get arrested over a DS myself, but to each his own corncracker.

This article makes me feel a twinge of guilt, because when I was younger I was entirely obnoxious about opening at least one present early. I knew that if I bugged my mom enough she would crack and let me do it. I just had to have that Final Fantasy one day earlier than I would have anyway. Oh well, at least she never threw me to the police over it.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 12-06-2006 at 08:27 PM.

There's some pretty good GBA games out there. So I don't blame you corncracker. But at least hide the packaging? Don't leave it out in the open. And when your mom confronts you with it, might as well give up the game. She's got proof. Don't lie, silly.

That's really funny! How old was this kid? Which game boy advance was this? Original, SP, Micro?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    That's really funny! How old was this kid?
    Corncracker's 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Which game boy advance was this? Original, SP, Micro?
    Yeah, which was it?

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

He could have just gone to Virgin and played it for free
    ...Geddit?