oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Default (Video) My PS3 Killer App

http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12260

If I don't have a PS3 by time this game comes out next year, this will be the game to make me get one. I absolutely love this game, after spending quite a bit of time with it in the Japanese arcades.

The vid is a little old, but I just thought I'd share.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Dunno, Virtua Fighter 4 didn't do much for me. If the main improvements are graphical ones, I don't care :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

and to think, ppl thought this was done on 360 hardware:rolleyes2

This is why I need a PS3. Virtua Fighter 5 looks awesome, cant wait for it to hit the arcades.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Dunno, Virtua Fighter 4 didn't do much for me. If the main improvements are graphical ones, I don't care .
    If VF4 'didn't do much for you', this game probably won't change your mind. I dont' know what exactly can constitute 'improvements' on a perfect game, so I'm a little stumped for a reply regarding that point.

All of the characters have had changes done to their move lists. Kage, the Ninja which I was very familiar with from VF4, has a few of his old moves moved around by button commands and he had an entirely new stance with about 10 different options (that I found) from that stance alone. So all the characters have had quite an update.

just dont see the point in games like these get boring after playing it for a while
    life sucks

All the flashing lights made my eyes hurt.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Dunno, Virtua Fighter 4 didn't do much for me. If the main improvements are graphical ones, I don't care :p.
    If VF4 'didn't do much for you', this game probably won't change your mind. I dont' know what exactly can constitute 'improvements' on a perfect game, so I'm a little stumped for a reply regarding that point.

All of the characters have had changes done to their move lists. Kage, the Ninja which I was very familiar with from VF4, has a few of his old moves moved around by button commands and he had an entirely new stance with about 10 different options (that I found) from that stance alone. So all the characters have had quite an update.
    Well, I think the main reason was that the characters didn't strike me as very interesting, and I wasn't too keen on getting into a new fighting system :p. I usually think "omg this character is cool, I want to learn him", but I didn't feel a lot of that in VF4. I might give it a shot if i get it for cheap.

Maybe I should give VF4 another chance too :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

What the...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution released as a PS2 Greatest Hits title, which means it was $20 when this version came out in 2004. It shouldn't be any more expensive than that.

Both VF4 and VF4 Evo on PS2 have quite a bit of gameplay value, though Evolution is a better package overall. In VF4 you can train your own AI fighter in a kumite mode and do various other things with the character customization (in terms of costumes and extras). In VF4 Evolution you go on a virtual tour of the major arcades around Japan. This mode uses real fight data from real Japanese people, complete with their own character customizations and their fighting data gathered from Sega's VF.Net service. In addition to having semi-real competition, in some of the matches you have special conditions in order to either gain more items/money (to use in your own character customization) or to improve your ranking. It also has the best training mode of any fighting game *ever*. Additionally, VF4 Evolution includes the original Virtua Fighter as an extra.

The thing is, the Virtua Fighter series doesn't need to rely on gimmicks to be interesting. The game is so self contained and deep. It's too bad that some folks are spoiled by the flashy antics of Soul Calibur and Tekken that by comparison Virtua Fighter looks a little boring. If any fighting game fan gives this game a serious try, you might be surprised (and maybe intimidated) by how deep it is. Virtua Fighter does a heck of a lot more with 3 buttons and a joystick than other games do with 4 or more. Virtua Fighter is still ahead of the pack when it comes to extra features as well (customizing characters, internet awareness, etc) which is only natural since VF started it all.

Yeah, I'm a VF fanboy--which is why VF5 is my 'get a PS3 NOW' game when it comes out.