Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a romantic person? Tell us tales about your first dates!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by o_O View Post
    I totally agree with both of you. Stars are very romantic.

For our one-year anniversary my girlfriend and I went to the planetarium. We got to see most of the planets of the solar system through their huge telescope; Saturn is one of the most breathtaking sights of my life.
    We also were able to see star clusters like the two Magellanic Clouds, which was incredible.

Then we went back to our executive hotel room and spent much of the night looking at the stars through the telescope the hotel gave us.

That was probably the most romantic night of my life; it was awesome.

I'm a hopeless romantic, I love planning and spending nights out with my girlfriend.
    You'll be one of the very few people who will know what I mean (well, possibly) when I say that I'm obsessed with someday taking my girlfriend/wife/whatever to Symphony under the Stars in the Auckland Domain. I think it's something like a candlelit dinner under the stars while attending an orchestra concert thingy.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The first date I went out on was when I was 16 with a girl called Emma. We went out to this wierd classy resturant she said she always wanted to go to and stayed there for a while, after the dinner I couldn't help but stare into her eyes, they just drew me in and when she smiled that moment, my heart melted. Then we went for a walk to the park, she was cold so I wrapped my arms around her to keep warm while resting her head on my chest. All of a sudden we just started kissing passionatly, then it was time for her to go. I was really emotional, dunno why, smiling so much just staring into the distance, watching her walk away. It was amazing.

Blog Entries

My first date... hmm you can't call it a date but whatever...

It was with a hot guy named David, he was cool, and we met for the second time and he was waiting for me near the caffee and I walked toward him and kissed him in his right cheek and when I was going to kiss the other he turned his head and kissed me on the lips! ^^" Then I had to study for philosophy and he stood there with me, watching me studying! ^^" I was writting with the right hand and the left one was holding his... When I was waiting for my dad he was holding me and caressing me and my dad freaked out and when I got in the car he (my dad insulted me)

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I wouldn't be that much of a romantic, as i mean this whole thing of buying her flowers and whatever, it's just not me. That's not to say i loved seeing my girlfriend at the time happy, and tried to please her with alot of things i did and how i went about things. Whether that's romantic or not i don't know, but as O_o said, laying out in the stars would be awesome, but it's something that would have to happen naturally, rather than me planning a night to do so. It's hard to explain, and hard to explain in words, but thats how i feel.

Str8 Pimpin'

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I'm not really a romantic person, especially not at the moment. I don't really have romantic or cute stories to tell you, either. I like romantic comedies at times if they're entertaining or if they get you in the better mood, but that's about it, I guess.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

FFXIV Character

Hildy Manderville (Faerie)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Y'know... In all my nearly-25 years, I've never been taken out on a proper date. Sure, I've gone out and done stuff with people, but never an actual date.

I'm sad.

Dates are for the weak, real men live alone.

Slightly more seriously, I'd be quite partial to a Picnic in the Rain. I love rain. The girl may think I'm crazy for wanting to eat in the rain, but I think it would be better then a bright sunny day to do it.

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

I got DUMPED at the homecoming dance on my first date. And he took me to this really bad restaurant when I told him I wanted to go to Steak'n'Shake. But that's okay, I danced with everybody else there... And some guy I didn't know gave me one of those flower thingies, he said I "won a special prize" (?) Earlier when I got dumped I gave the flower back that Cory gave me... lol It wasn't totally bad. Except one guy I danced with got yelled at by his girlfriend... lol

Now, Cory's dated about half the school, and (SPOILER)EVERYBODY says he sucks in bed. Yes, it's true... he really does..

Quote Originally Posted by Doofhull View Post
    Y'know... In all my nearly-25 years, I've never been taken out on a proper date. Sure, I've gone out and done stuff with people, but never an actual date.

I'm sad.

Awww.:sad: Keep hoping, love appears when you least expect it. Or so the fortune cookie I just ate said so.... Do'h!

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I prefer doing sweet sentimental things without warning or expectance as opposed to official dates.

My idea of a "date" is going out to the Chinese buffet and then the movie theatre. I'm a studmuffin alright.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

When your on the dancefloor you move like the ocean. Your all I can think about. Your everything I want. I want to touch you. I want to taste your lips. I want to make you feel good. The only time I feel good is when I sleep holding you in my arms.

I can go on. I just have to think about my girl.

Blog Entries

I have a hard time being romantic.

Well, let's face it, I have a hard time falling in love or even in "like." I mean, I can tell sexy, but once it's the date, it's AWKWARD!

I take her someplace nice to eat, I use good manners, then we walk in circles around some park or somewhere, talking about familiar things, the chick getting all lovey dovey and such while I try so freaking hard to get into the romantic mood.

Usually the date goes fine, on the surface, because I'm a really good actor, and I'll get to take her out again or whatever, but I have had very few magic moments in my life.

The girl who got me... She was really beautiful. She was this South American girl. Actually, it was a little hard to communicate with her, but I was able to take her out. We walked to the beach, to the mall, ate, looked at junk... And really I would've been just as happy to lay on jagged rocks and watch her read a book.
    That's what romance is. It's when it doesn't matter what you do- but you're so enthusiastic about it. Whenever I find myself working to plan a date, to do something exciting, or whatever, it's because I'm dating for the hell of it. Or for chica's sake, which is likely as not.

(SPOILER)I have since found many many lovely South American girls. This scares me very much because my family would rather I bring home a black girl than a spanish one.

roflmao

The most rememorable first date I had. I decided to take this girl out to the mall to see her older sister who she hadnt seen in a month or so. On the way there getting off the freeway, the truck behind me didnt see that traffic came to a quick stop, so he wound up hitting my car: More like...totaling my car. 2 Freakin days later same girl and I get hit again except on the other side. Sigh lets just say that relationship didnt last lol.

I can't honestly say I've been on a date.

Unless you consider making out with a girl on her couch a date.

Which FF Character Are You?

(SPOILER) This Signature STILL contains spoilers

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My first date was with Mr caterpillar. We got along very well until he evolved into a butterfly and ditched me.