4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    Tiamat
    Like, I was going to say them.

If you like In Flames, try Bleeding Through's album "This is Love, This is Murder". It has well defined references to In Flames.
    Arch Enemy too.

Still Remains are some kind of super-Trivium.

But more on the metalcore genre, you need to hear stuff from:
    - All That Remains
    - Killswitch Engage
    - Underoath
    - As I Lay Dying
    - Ill Nino

...etc.

Personally, I'd recommend...
    • Testament
    • Anthrax
    • Shadows Fall
    • Exodus
    • Suicidal Tendencies
    • Forbidden
    • Overkill
    • Bury Your Dead
    • Diecast
    • The Haunted

Also, I recommend you give thrash metal a good listen (and more than just Slayer); some of the bands I mentioned above either are thrash, or have thrash influences.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    • Testament
    • Anthrax
    • Shadows Fall
    • Exodus
    • Suicidal Tendencies
    • Forbidden
    • Overkill
    • Bury Your Dead
    • Diecast
    • The Haunted

Also, I recommend you give thrash metal a good listen (and more than just Slayer); some of the bands I mentioned above either are thrash, or have thrash influences.
    What he said, as well as late 80's Megadeth, and a six-piece English noisecore/death/virtuoso band called Sikth. Sikth really are amazing, check out their newest single Bland Street Bloom on youtube for a good idea of their stuff. Oh, and Death are an amazing band too.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Strife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    • Testament
    • Anthrax
    • Shadows Fall
    • Exodus
    • Suicidal Tendencies
    • Forbidden
    • Overkill
    • Bury Your Dead
    • Diecast
    • The Haunted

What he said, as well as late 80's Megadeth, and a six-piece English noisecore/death/virtuoso band called Sikth. Sikth really are amazing, check out their newest single Bland Street Bloom on youtube for a good idea of their stuff. Oh, and Death are an amazing band too.
    Death is absolutely average.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

Chimaira.

Awesome blend of metal guitar riffs, smooth double-kickdrum beats.

Its my ultimate intensity music.

In particular, try their self titled album "Chimaira".

In particular, the following songs:
    Save Ourselves
    Salvation
    Left For Dead
    Bloodlust
    Inside the Horror
    Pray for All
    Lazarus
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

bitchin in black Twisted Tinkerbell's Avatar

Arch Enemy, My Ruin, and Kittie are fantastic.

This sexy sig is by Owen Mcwere. Thank you Owie!

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

you should maybe give heaven shall burn a try they aint too bad where it comes to screamy metal lol

Banned

If you're looking for metal, it's good if you know exactly what kind of metal you're looking for. Here are some very good bands from different genres: (All worth checking out)

Swedish death metal: Bloodbath, Dismember, Unleashed, old Entombed, Nihilist, Morbid, Corpse, Grave, Ribspreader, Infestdead, Carve

Death metal: Hypocrisy, Lykathea Aflame, old Die Apolalyptischen Reiter, Atrocity, Sordid, The Firstborn, Rudra

Brutal technical death metal: Visceral Bleeding, Spawn of Possession, Nile, Behemoth, Pavor

Brutal death metal: Deranged, Insision, Vomitory, Stabwound, Wormed, Wombbath, Carbonized

Melodic death metal: Amon Amarth, Oathean, Chthonic, Dark Tranquillity

Technical melodic death metal: Anata, Intestinal Baalism

Technical metal: Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects, Meshuggah, Coprofago

Symphonic metal: Therion, Haggard, Sobre Nocturne some Janus, some Lacrimosa

Symphonic death metal: Hollenthon, Dorn, Xzoriath, Waltari (Yeah! Yeah! Die! Die! Death metal symphony in deep C only)

Folk metal: Månegarm, Ásmegin, Orphaned Land, Subway to Sally, Kranium, In Extremo, Letzte Instanz, Otyg

Deathgrind: Exhale, Birdflesh

Drone doom: Boris, Sunn O))), Earth

Industrial metal: The Project Hate (industrial death metal) The Amenta (industrial death), The Kovenant, Count Nosferatu Kommando, Malmonde, Laibach (Jesus Christ Superstars only), old Oomph!, Richthofen

Progressive metal: Pain of Salvation, Cronian

Progressive death/extreme metal: Dan Swanö, Edge of Sanity, Unmoored, Opeth, Dark Suns

Black metal: Wolves in the throne room, Negura Bunget, Nocte Obducta

Symphonic black metal: Dornenreich, Diabolical Masquerade, Dark Mirror Ov Tragedy

Other black metal: Thyrfing, Eisregen, Melechesh

Doom metal: Runemagick, Forest of Shadows, Funeral Orchestra, Eisenvater, Totenmond, Drecksau

Melodic doom/death: Slumber, Kimaera, My Dying Bride

Post-black metal: Dødheimsgard, Sigh

Death/thrash: Demonoid, Paganizer, Vader

Experimental/Avant-garde metal: Pan-Thy-Monium, UneXpect

EDIT: Progressive black metal: Vintersorg, Borknagar
    Last edited by jrgen; 12-11-2006 at 01:56 PM.

damn, im gonna have to check some of those bands out

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

For threadstarter, listen to PAINKILLER by Judas Priest or DON'T BREAK THE OATH by Mercyful Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushed Hope View Post
    I'll recommend some death/doom for you...
    words
    words
    words
    This 'death-doom' subgenre has little to offer except rehashed, unoriginal, easily processed fatalism. Try the so-called 'traditional doom': Reverrend Bizarre, Electric Wizard or Black Sabbath (Cathedral's frist album is also in this category). Solitude Aeturnus's early albums are overlooked classics; they speed up at times and avoid sounding introspective to the point of cheesiness like lots of other doom metal. Pagan Altar is good too but their recordings are horrible and I think they're a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Knight View Post
    For threadstarter, listen to PAINKILLER by Judas Priest or DON'T BREAK THE OATH by Mercyful Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushed Hope View Post
    I'll recommend some death/doom for you...
    words
    words
    words
    This 'death-doom' subgenre has little to offer except rehashed, unoriginal, easily processed fatalism. Try the so-called 'traditional doom': Reverrend Bizarre, Electric Wizard or Black Sabbath (Cathedral's frist album is also in this category). Solitude Aeturnus's early albums are overlooked classics; they speed up at times and avoid sounding introspective to the point of cheesiness like lots of other doom metal. Pagan Altar is good too but their recordings are horrible and I think they're a joke.
    Ahahahahaha.

Ahahaha.

Death-doom is hardly unoriginal and rehashed. Each band I recommened are pretty damned different from one another. You can't say that diSEMBOWELMENT sounds anything like Saturnus because that'd just be stupid, it is one of the more diverse doom subgenres to be quite honest.

Traditional doom is good yes, but to say that death-doom is "unoriginal" is just ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    ...The following may or may not exactly be "metal" but they are a few of the bands that I have been introduced to over the years and I enjoy listening to:

Pain of Salvation, Kamelot, Symphony X, Ayreon, Anathema, Dreamscape, Agalloch, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, and Amorphis.

As a side, while it isn't exactly metal, you might enjoy Trans-Siberian Orchestra (Recommend strongly "Beethoven's Last Night", as all their other album as are currently Christmas-related). It's technically labelled "Rock Opera" but it's pretty fantastic if that is your thing.
    This man has the right idea. Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation, Ayreon, Symphony X and Porcupine Tree are all excellent. If you like Prog-metal, of course, which, since you like Opeth and Tool, I'm assuming you do.

I would also recommend you some Nightwish and Epica (if you're open to Symphonic Metal), and Biomechanical (some good old-fashioned British Thrash... with added film score influences...). Oh, and of course Queensryche's 'Operation Mindcrime' is a classic album which is well worth a listen.
    "Not having a guitar is like not having a girlfriend - only worse" - Wiggy
    "There are only two ways to live your life: the first is as if nothing is a miracle, the second as if everything is" - Albert Einstein