Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Need Metal

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Yuna View Post
    I don't give a sh*t if you think some of these bands aren't metal. Don't waste your breath complaining. These are all the bands I like, metal or not.
    The only issue is that this thread is dedicated to requesting metal, most notably Death/Black/Progressive types of metal, not Punk, Pop, nor any other besides metal.

You can't kill the Metal.

I'm surprised Arucard hasn't come in to mentoin Wasp yet, or whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    I don't give a sh*t if you think some of these bands aren't metal. Don't waste your breath complaining. These are all the bands I like, metal or not.
    The only issue is that this thread is dedicated to requesting metal, most notably Death/Black/Progressive types of metal, not Punk, Pop, nor any other besides metal.
    Well, if I were to separate them, then I'd get complaints because I don't know what is metal and what isn't. Everyone has a different opinion on what's metal. I don't care about genres, I just like what I like. Apparently, I like rock and metal mostly, but to separate them is impossible for me because I don't which one is which. You can separate them if you want.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Atreyu
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Dragonforce
    Drowning Pool
    Hatebreed
    Nightwish
    Slayer

If you "purists" don't consider them "metal" (Nightwish is iffy on this one), bite me.

The orchestra kid has got skills.
    Last edited by Cruise Control; 01-03-2007 at 11:43 AM.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Not sure how many have been mentioned (and some aren't really metal) but:

Slayer, Iron Maiden, Primus, Napalm Death, Cannibal Corpse, Cancer, Lawnmower Deth, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, System of a down, Rollins band, Overkill, Motorhead, Exodus, White Zombie, Carcass, Wednesday 13 and loads i've forgotten

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Well, if I were to separate them, then I'd get complaints because I don't know what is metal and what isn't. Everyone has a different opinion on what's metal. I don't care about genres, I just like what I like. Apparently, I like rock and metal mostly, but to separate them is impossible for me because I don't which one is which. You can separate them if you want.
    Fair enough

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Can't be arsed to read all the bands already listed so I'll just name the ones I listen to that I find to be good:

Enslaved
    Sigh
    Nile
    Moonsorrow
    Borknagar
    Akercoke
    Hollenthon
    Runic
    Orphaned Land
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Wintersun

These are the only ones that fit around what you're looking for, although some of them are more folk metal. I'm only just getting into all of this metal myself, though.

Also, Trivium are a bag of , imho. :}

Opinion doesn't matter when it comes to genres, which are fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushed Hope View Post

Not sure i agree with you there, a number of bands either straddle different genres or defy categorization. My mate would call Tom Waits Punk. Are Primus metal? Genres are almost totally meaningless, some Napalm death is almost punk. Thats why my band do Punk, Jazz, Metal, Blues, Reggae, Whatever the hell we feel like doing

Quote Originally Posted by blim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushed Hope View Post

Not sure i agree with you there, a number of bands either straddle different genres or defy categorization. My mate would call Tom Waits Punk. Are Primus metal? Genres are almost totally meaningless, some Napalm death is almost punk. Thats why my band do Punk, Jazz, Metal, Blues, Reggae, Whatever the hell we feel like doing
    No, genres are fact.

Tom Waits has worked in multiple genres, he can't be pinned down to just one but his individual albums can. Are Primus metal, not even. Napalm Death has done work in different genres their early work such as Scum is grindcore, which is a subgenre of punk, and then Enemy of the Music Business and like albums are death metal.

Nearly ANYTHING can be classified. I don't care if you agree with me or not, but genres are indeed factual.
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

You might want to tell HMV to move Primus from the metal section then.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Enslaved
    Sigh
    Nile
    Moonsorrow
    Borknagar
    Akercoke
    Hollenthon
    Runic
    Orphaned Land
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Wintersun
    Those are some good bands. Particularly Orphaned Land.

Some awesome metal and metalcore bands

The Absence
    All Shall Perish
    All That Remains
    As Blood Runs Black
    As I Lay Dying
    Atreyu
    August Burns Red
    Avenged Sevenfold
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    Bullet For My Valentine
    Bury Your Dead
    Demon Hunter
    Diecast
    Evergreen Terrace
    Haste The Day
    It Dies Today
    Job For A Cowboy
    Killswitch Engage
    Knights Of The Abyss
    Misery Signals
    Phoenix Mourning
    Protest The Hero
    Scars Of Tomorrow
    Scary Kids Scaring Kids
    Stick To Your Guns
    Trivium
    The Warriors
    Last edited by Black Mage FF1; 01-03-2007 at 08:34 PM.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen View Post
    Enslaved
    Sigh
    Nile
    Moonsorrow
    Borknagar
    Akercoke
    Hollenthon
    Runic
    Orphaned Land
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Wintersun
    Yeah Aaron gave me a mix pack yesterday with a few bands in and Orphaned Land was one of them and they were particularly awesome. I want to get more of their albums, but don't know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by blim View Post
    You might want to tell HMV to move Primus from the metal section then.
    Mainstream music stores will never get things right with genres because they only go by popular (read usually wrong) views.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen View Post
    Enslaved
    Sigh
    Nile
    Moonsorrow
    Borknagar
    Akercoke
    Hollenthon
    Runic
    Orphaned Land
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Wintersun
    Enslaved, Sigh, Moonsorrow, and Borknagar rule. I can't stand Nile, Akercocke, Orphaned Land, EToS, or Wintersun. Runic and Hollenthon are neutral.