Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I Need Metal

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Yeah Aaron gave me a mix pack yesterday with a few bands in and Orphaned Land was one of them and they were particularly awesome. I want to get more of their albums, but don't know where to start.
    Start with the albums Mabool and El Norra Alila which are both awesome in different ways and if you like El Norra Alila, move on to their first two albums.

@Crushed Hope: Nile is very win, and so is Hollenthon.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Mabool is the one I have, El Norra Alila will be the next one I get then.

S.O.A.D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

Brian Posehn - Metal by Numbers Is the Greatest Metal song ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushed Hope View Post
    Opinion doesn't matter when it comes to genres, which are fact.
    Whatever helps make you feel superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Yuna View Post
    Whats superior about that. He's right.

Look at 50 cent. He does Rap. It is defined as rap because it meats all the Criteria of Rap. You can have an opinion that he sounds like new wave, but it doesn't change the fact that he is rap. No opinion can change that fact. Mind you its crappy rap, but rap none the less.

Also, how can you handle the Garbage that is Jack of Jill?

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Yuna View Post
    Whats superior about that. He's right.

Look at 50 cent. He does Rap. It is defined as rap because it meats all the Criteria of Rap. You can have an opinion that he sounds like new wave, but it doesn't change the fact that he is rap. No opinion can change that fact. Mind you its crappy rap, but rap none the less.

Also, how can you handle the Garbage that is Jack of Jill?

Well, unless you wanted everyone to do a great deal of research to find out what genre every one of the bands they listed belongs in, people are going to tell you what they GUESS their genres are. It's extremely arrogant to expect everyone to know such information. That's exactly why I just listed all the bands I listen to, because I don't know what genres they all belong in, and I don't care to know. I just know some of them belong in the metal genre.

Oh, and Jack Off Jill might be an unpopular, and not particularly talented band, but I enjoy their music. If music makes me feel something, I listen to it and enjoy it. I don't care if you or anyone else doesn't understand it.

We don't expect you to know the Genre. But the main point is this thread is about Metal bands.

They guy wanted to know some good metal bands. To just start listing crap off is rather pointless in this case, as if he already knows its metal and who they naming them does nothing, and if he doesn't know who it is he doesn't know if its metal. That's really why the other guy got after you for doing that, I think.

And I was simply saying what I knew. The first poster asked for metal bands. I was told by someone that some of the bands I listen to are metal. I don't know which ones are which. That's why I just posted all of them. I don't listen to any pop, country, rap, or r&b bands, so it isn't like I thrown in bands that I positively knew weren't metal.

That's why this thread is more of opinion than fact. No one is going to do the research to find out if every band they listen to is 100% metal, so there will be a lot of bands stated that may not be metal. I could easily point out bands that had been mentioned (by others) that I DEFINITELY know aren't metal, but I didn't care about it enough to say.
    Last edited by Warrior Yuna; 01-04-2007 at 09:51 AM. Reason: left something out

Blog Entries

Erm Mudvayne are great. Drowning Pool are pretty ok. Bullet for my Valentine if your into that thing. How about PANTERA BABY. A7x bit of thrash for ya =D.I love statix-x atm i can't remeber what other people have said so i may just be repeating myself.
    If I turn my back I'm defenceless, and to go blindly seems senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by xxthebadgemakerxx View Post
    Erm Mudvayne are great. Drowning Pool are pretty ok. Bullet for my Valentine if your into that thing. How about PANTERA BABY. A7x bit of thrash for ya =D.I love statix-x atm i can't remeber what other people have said so i may just be repeating myself.
    A7x is not thrash metal. It's funny how people hear a new term and then start applying it randomly and recklessly.

Currently addicted to WoW KaintheDragoon80's Avatar

Darkthrone
    Emperor
    Immortal
    Mayhem
    Satyricon
    All of these band's old material is greater than their new material.