Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parents and Music

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    My Mum has almost entirely influenced my music taste. With Eric Clapton, The Bee Gees, Fleetwood Mac being the biggest. My Dad loved the Bee Gees and Fleetwood Mac, but the only music he listens to now is the music I play. He got me into Kylie Minogue and KC & The Sunshine Band.

Nowadays I listen to music from most any genre. But all my influences from my parents still exist.
    Yay! I like the BeeGees ^_^ Thats really the only group i like that i've inherited from my parents. My dad listens to everything from 40's music through 80's. He keeps up with current music a little, but not much. My mom is a psycho christian and listens exclusively to hideously sung hymns.

I listen primarily to hard rock and Jrock and industrial, and occasionally the odd band thrown in like The Darkness and uh...well some i dunno what to call, like Incubus and A Perfect Circle. Genres are too confusing.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

My parents listen to basically anything, as do I.

(Though, I listen to considerably more "electronica" type music than they do. But still... basically anything.)

My father listens to stuff like The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin...mostly old British rock and Woodstock era rock.

My mother listens to mostly Tejano music from Mexico and the United States, like La Mafia, Selena y Los Dinos, and Emilio Navaira. She also likes Cher a lot.

I listen to mostly pop and eletronica/dance/house/trance/techno/whatever you wish to call it (Area, Cascada, Daft Punk, DJ Tiesto, Aqua, Toy-Box, E-rotic, t.A.T.u, Gigi D'Agostino), but I also like a lot of rock (3rd Eye Blind, Everclear, Mindless Self Indulgence, Marilyn Manson, Flaw, Foo Fighters, Head Automatica) and some R&B (Aaliyah, Blaque, Boyz II Men, Brandy, Mariah Carey, TLC). I also listen to a tiny bit of everything else.

Not sure how that would connect my parents' musical tastes to mine.

Man, I can't believe none of your parents listened to soul. I grew up on James Brown, Diana Ross and the Supremes, Aretha Franklin, and Ray Charles.

Old soul (especially Brown and Charles) still constitutes a large portion of the music on my IPod.
    What I've been listening to:

My parents were rockers so I grew up into a metal head

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

maybe my Dad's Jean Micheal Jarre somehow influenced my liking of electronica