Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another Stupid Lawsuit

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Default Yet Another Stupid Lawsuit

Nintendo Gets Sued for Copyright Infringement

Personally, I think this is just another half-witted attempt to get money from a big corporation, because I find it odd that the plaintiff's product, however revolutionary it supposedly is, if they actually made it, wasn't mentioned at all on most gaming sites.

How is this stupid, if what they are saying is true, then they deserve to sue Nintendo.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by reading is a very glorious skill
    Personally, I think this is just another half-witted attempt to get money from a big corporation, because I find it odd that the plaintiff's product, however revolutionary it supposedly is, if they actually made it, wasn't mentioned at all on most gaming sites.
    So yes, this is quite silly. This always seems to pop up whenever a new system or something comes up, right on the dot.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'll sue you for taking that 'Metalslashed' thing from me. (Your sig.)

To stay on topic, I hope the company that is sueing Nintendo should go bankrupt and someone should plant some C4 at the production site.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

People should wait until theres a verdict on the matter before saying its silly.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If this turns out to be true, I do believe Nintendo will do what it will take to resolve this issue. Who knows what will happen, so hopefully everything will go okay.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

I agree with Dreddz. All we know about this at the current time is that one company is big, and the other one is tiny. We don't know if they're telling the truth or not.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Seems like they're going a little far if they're saying they want to take the Wii off the market.

I'd imagine this will just end up with an out-of-court settlement. Isn't that what happened when the Sony got accused of the same thing for the Dual Shock?

Everyone is greedy. And I love how american companies sue a Japanese company that probably had no idea of it, even if this turns out to be completely true. They take the Wii off the market, they'll have a lot of people extremely pissed off, and that company will be screwed forever

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

The Microsoft company.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't see there being a lot of basis for this lawsuit, especially, as mentioned, the Wii technology was likely developed in Japan and thus infringing on an American copyright for some kind of technology that Nintendo is known to have the ability to create on its own seems a bit specious.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Seems like they're going a little far if they're saying they want to take the Wii off the market.

I'd imagine this will just end up with an out-of-court settlement. Isn't that what happened when the Sony got accused of the same thing for the Dual Shock?
    Nope. Microsoft settled out of court. Sony refused and it went to trial and they lost big time. They were forced to pay a boat load of money. This is the real reason there is no rumble in the PS3 controller. They don't want to pay royalties.

I was under the impression that Microsoft brought a controlling share in Immersion and used that to prevent Sony from settling their case out of court.
    Word/s.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

While Microsoft did buy a share in the company it was not a controlling share and Microsoft wouldn't prevent Sony from having it anyways...there is money to be had in letting Sony use the technology.

After the PS3 controller was annoucned that it would have no rumble because of the tilt functionality, Immersion said it could be done and would be glad to work with sony to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    I don't see there being a lot of basis for this lawsuit, especially, as mentioned, the Wii technology was likely developed in Japan and thus infringing on an American copyright for some kind of technology that Nintendo is known to have the ability to create on its own seems a bit specious.
    True, it is also preposterous to sue for a function.

Little boy tommy goes up to his mom and says "Mommy! Mommy! look what my Wii can do! *pulls trigger on Wiimote*"

"O cool, let me try." *tries*

Suddnely, 3 G-Men burst into the room, arresting the two for copyright infrigment.

Point of the matter, its like suing a company for using a mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.